Corrupt Custom scenario files (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum

ineffable -> Corrupt Custom scenario files (12/15/2019 4:17:41 AM)

Loading, editing and saving the same custom scenario several times seems to result in it becoming corrupted. Also is possible to create a valid scenario in the editor that generates an end of battle error mssg as soon as you open it.

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (12/16/2019 4:00:12 PM)

Can you let us have one of the corrupted files. What error message or other symptom of corruption do you see?

Cheers

Pip

ineffable -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (12/16/2019 6:00:55 PM)

This scenario has an immediate end of battle error mssg and a blank Soldier screen or, when going to the Soldier screen, it will crash with an exception.

ineffable -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (12/16/2019 6:11:45 PM)

It is intended to be played as the US in a Timer/Force Morale game end, with the All Objectives Taken and Two Minute Warning settings off. However, with these settings on the battle should immediately start the two minute warning. If only the Two Minute Warning setting is off then the battle should immediately end with a Total German Victory (All objectives taken).

ineffable -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (12/16/2019 6:19:05 PM)

I may have wrongly accused the Scenario Editor. When creating this scenario in one go with the editor it has the battle end error and Soldiers screen exception. I assumed it was due to my re-editting the same scenario before arriving at a version which produces these error conditions.

ineffable -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (12/19/2019 4:40:24 PM)

Scenario editor is finicky about objectives and map control. If you change the objective value setting after renaming, it reverts to Unnamed. Load edit and save the same file a few times and phantom objectives appear and unexpected neutral squares. Had to fix a few custom scenario files in Notepad.

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (12/19/2019 7:32:03 PM)

Thanks for the reports. We will take a look.

Cheers

Pip

ineffable -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (12/31/2019 12:47:53 AM)

Traced the problem to the cursor staying active with the current tool selection when you click on SAVE and any overwrite confirmation OK buttons. eg. if the Objective tool is selected, the two clicks needed to save as an existing file name result in two extra Objectives being placed on the map under the Save/OK buttons. Same thing happens depending on the current tool selection. The cursor action needs to default to Save & OK only on those buttons.

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (1/6/2020 3:35:27 PM)

Thanks for the details. We will get it fixed.

Cheers

Pip

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (1/6/2020 5:16:00 PM)

@ineffable - it might be useful for you to set up the ME.TXT file so we can pair any crash logs with your posts. Just create a ME.TXT file in the Documents/My Games/CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst folder and place a single string inside it with your forum name. It will then be added into the log files for us.

Cheers

Pip

ineffable -> RE: Corrupt Custom scenario files (1/7/2020 3:07:51 PM)

Will do but TBF has been very stable other than crashes Ive caused by editing. Im sure youre grateful not to have been inundated with the 170 crash reports I could have generated while replacing all the Battles one-by-one (3 complete times no less) looking for my typo in one. What a swell 2 hours of 'gaming' that was.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI