Supply through africa and Iraq (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Titan -> Supply through africa and Iraq (11/29/2019 7:15:52 PM)

For the life of me i cant work out how to get supply to my Brit troops trying to get to Bagdad, i raced up towards bagdad and they all perished within a few turns for lack of supply...Dont have a problem with that...Goood feature but can someone explain what i should do in simple terms cant quite decipher the manual on this.

Thanks

Alvaro Sousa -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (11/29/2019 7:40:48 PM)

You need the port near Kuwait in Iraq with the rail line.

Twotribes -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (11/29/2019 8:17:54 PM)

Land a unit in British Kuwait. Declare war on Iraq, then take the Iraq port. Then just move up the rail line, I also invade from Jordan sure you are out of supply but the fast units get to Baghdad and kill the Iraq unit before they run out of supply. Of course to do the Jordan thing if Vichy France exists take Syria first.

Titan -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (11/30/2019 10:40:03 PM)

Ok, i took Kuwait..An armoured unit managed to get bagdad, Iraq Surrenders. So i have an armour in Bagdad, a Div in kuwait..Rest of Army in Egypt...Spain enters war on Axis side and they take Gibralter..Suddenly my entire army in middle east is out of god damn supply....I would of thought i could get supply via Red sea port said? Im picking the rail link in Kuwait now doesnt work as its not all controlled be me as my unit that was in Basra moved into kuwait and now Basra is not in my Zone of control? Perhaps i need smaller units scattered ? Anyway finding supply rather fraustrating at the moment..Perhaps some examples that can explain things simply would be useful

Alvaro Sousa -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/1/2019 4:43:03 PM)

There was a specific version where supply was an issue in the middle east. You might have that version. It was quickly fixed. Did you try updating the game?

Titan -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/1/2019 5:38:11 PM)

These games where started with version 201. Ive split up a corps and spread it out seems to be stopping areas of iraq going out of control

Titan -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/2/2019 6:08:29 AM)

Well one by one the entire 8th army has surrendered due to lack of supplies. i split a div up in Iraq and controlled Kuwait, etc. God knows how allies get supplies to middle east t

Alvaro Sousa -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/2/2019 2:03:12 PM)

Put a screen shot up please so I can see what you are talking about

Titan -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/6/2019 7:33:31 AM)

As you can see the 8th army has been destroyed by lack of supplies, even in the ports. I keep land new corps which i split to try and hold areas and they cant even make it to bagdad before they die. My oppoent in our games seems to be fine...Somehow any brits that go near the middle east arent supplied. On another note my opponet has subs all over the place and each time i try and engage with destroyers i get the something can't target...near land message or something to that effect. This game is pretty much done as the British cant do a single thing

[image]local://upfiles/983/D2133B9B2E2A48C88AE2F341A5936AD4.jpg[/image]

Alvaro Sousa -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/6/2019 1:27:01 PM)

Is this the supply map? You should be getting supply from ports. Email me the save game.

Essro -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/6/2019 2:43:28 PM)

Titan,

Out of curiosity, what was the strategic rationale for going into Iraq? Were Axis troops present or were you needing the oil? Or something else?

Titan -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/6/2019 7:07:39 PM)

Yes it is the supply map...When i press the S key i get no supply numbers at all for the UK..I do for the Soviets. Soon as i lost Gibralter this happened.

Titan -> RE: Supply through africa and Iraq (12/6/2019 7:09:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Essro

Titan,

Out of curiosity, what was the strategic rationale for going into Iraq? Were Axis troops present or were you needing the oil? Or something else?

It was a desperate attempt to try and get supply to the 8th Army as it wasnt comming through the ports in middle east. Could not work out why so thought lets go for Iraq, but it just got worse. Allies have lost more through this no supply than action. Entire Middle east is now a no go zone

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI