Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

Dreamslayer -> Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/27/2019 4:35:16 PM)

If I want to simulate an accurate production of various ground elements. E.g. I want to create a factory in Stalingrad that would produce about 5 203mm B-4 howitzers per turn from June 41 to October 41(about 20 turns).
If it possible ever by game editor without any issues.
Currently there are some problems with it in my test scenario:
- right from start these B-4 shows as outdated (marked by #)
- do I need to reduce armament production because AFV-factories use only supply?

Denniss -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/27/2019 8:36:04 PM)

you'd have to classify them as SP artillery to have them produced at factories

Dreamslayer -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/28/2019 2:14:08 PM)

They are produced without changing type. On T2 I got 5 new B-4 howitzers. What a point to change them to SP artillery?

Denniss -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/29/2019 3:53:37 PM)

dynamic production elements like artillery should never have factories assigned to produce them - nobody knows what side effects this may have. In game data (see ground types in WitW) the artillery type is supposed to be produced by armament conversions only.

malyhin1517 -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/29/2019 5:39:06 PM)

The editor allows you to create such plants and such plants were! Even concrete figures on artillery are known, how many years and at what factories the guns of each type are made! Even for large-caliber and easel machine guns, there is such data! Now, at the beginning of the game, the absolutely unrealistic volumes of Russian artillery and machine gun release! Because of this, the Germans are hard to play! At least limits are required on the production of all types of tools, as well as heavy and heavy machine guns and mortars! There is also information about their availability in warehouses at the beginning of the war!

http://www.soldat.ru/doc/mobilization/mob/table21.html

It would be nice to put this information into the game!

56ajax -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/30/2019 8:07:12 AM)

I'm all for including those figures in the game; eg 7090 50mm mortars in the pool instead of 800 on T1, though I think the Axis Fan Boys might complain.

It does say though that it includes parts of the Soviet Union not included in the game.

Or the translation is incorrect.

malyhin1517 -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/30/2019 9:17:31 AM)

The table contains data on the presence of weapons in central warehouses and surpluses in military districts at the beginning of the war! There are such tables on the presence of weapons in the troops in each military district! There are generally types of weapons! What does the presence of weapons in the army far exceed the real amount, especially for 37 mm anti-aircraft guns and machine guns! For example, anti-aircraft machine guns 12.7 mm DShK in total 9000 units were produced, of which 2000 before the war! Moreover, in the game at the beginning of the war there are 3000 of them! Similarly for 37 mm anti-aircraft guns! It is necessary to reduce the number of weapons in the troops to the historically known and establish either limits on its production for all types or introduce factories for the production of artillery and machine guns, except for hand-held ones! The game does not even have such large weapons factories as in Kovrov, where most of the easel and heavy machine guns were produced during the war! If you set at least limits, then the amount of heavy weapons the Russians will become more realistic and will facilitate the game for the Germans at the initial stage of the war!

malyhin1517 -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/30/2019 10:17:24 AM)

By the way here is a complete list of Soviet artillery during the second world war, including factories and production volume by years! This data can be used either to set limits or to create factories! I in the editor already made it at myself, I very much liked result!

malyhin1517 -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (11/30/2019 10:18:55 AM)

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BA_%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B8_%D0%A1%D0%A1%D0%A1%D0%A0_%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0_%D0%92%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9%D0%BD%D1%8B

malyhin1517 -> RE: Creating non-AFV/non-aircraft factories (12/4/2019 2:36:08 PM)

If someone is interested, then here is a campaign with factories for the production of artillery, mortars,anti-aircraft and machine guns! Also added large arms factories for the production of small arms in Kovrov, Tula and Izhevsk! In the game there is no reason, though, the main issue of small arms were there! In scenario reduced MP on first move for both sides, introduced modernization fighters I-153 in attack planes, and also bombers SB-2 and PE-2 in scouts! Changed the availability of weapons in the pool in accordance with archival data! Reduced the number of anti-aircraft weapons, especially 37 mm anti-aircraft guns and 12.7 mm anti-aircraft machine guns, which only began to produce and in the army they were extremely insufficient!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BwknpGzG2p22TWX-GlN0p3GZgayPKpgT

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02