Unit pictures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Majick -> Unit pictures (11/14/2019 3:32:44 PM)

The trailers showed asset pictures in the top right, so I had hoped these would be incuded as standard.

Do I need to download a seperate database, and if so which one will give complete asset coverage?

Darren_H_slith -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 3:46:28 PM)

Did you hit the arrow on the right hand side? The asset picture and unit information is now collapsible.

Majick -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 3:59:30 PM)

There is an arrow which collapses the entire bar on the right, but I don't see any other arrow which reveals the unit picture.

Are you getting a unit picture without moving a database into your game directory?

Darren_H_slith -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 4:06:08 PM)

I left CMANO installed, and then I downloaded CMO. The install unzipped a huge catalog of images and other data. I did not install anything else. There is no other button I am aware of to bring up unit images. I am getting images from the database when selecting units.

Majick -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 4:14:38 PM)

Hmm. I followed the same process you did. Under images the CWDB folder just has a file called 'placeholder'. DB3000 has 2 images of facilities and 4 images of ships. WW2DB has another placeholder file.

My CMANO folder has 388 images in CWDB and 2151 images in DB3000. I could transfer these although I'm not too happy with them and would prefer to download (if I have to) the most comprehensive DB available.

Darren_H_slith -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 4:18:41 PM)

Ok, If you push the two Chevron "arrow" by the Unit Status bar on the right, and it is pointing downward - the picture will not update when selecting a new unit. Make sure they are pointing upward.
[image][/image]

[image]local://upfiles/62939/5E1464E963244B9BB47D9AC3DA391EBA.jpg[/image]

Majick -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 4:33:15 PM)

I tried a different scenario (first mission of Shifting Sands, Red Sea Rumble) and there are pictures of some assets. The British ships have images, but the initally spotted dhows and cities do not. The previous attempt had been the first mission of Silent Service(Delta Force 2017) where the Victor III, Delta IV and Krivak do not have images. Not sure about anything else as I didn't survive very long ;-)

Hitting the chevron beside unit status doesn't seem to do anything rfelating to the image, i.e if it's there it stays there, if it isn't it doesn't appear.

Do you know where all the catalogue of images installed to?

Darren_H_slith -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 4:54:23 PM)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Command Modern Operations\DB\Images DB3000 folder has 198 files
CWDB & WW2DB have a single file in them called "placeholder".

Majick -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 4:58:33 PM)

I wonder why my CWDB is empty. Although 198 sounds a bit light, I wonder if it is cacheing as you play. Maybe something about my setup is preventing the data from being received.

Darren_H_slith -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 5:03:31 PM)

it's 32MB, and a brief look through seems to show a fair amount of aircraft and facilities. Like yourself, I'm playing a DLC, "Desert Storm" - and it appears to be working okay. I don't have 'Shifting Sands' to check I'm afraid. The database is DB3000 - I typed CWDB incorrectly above, sorry.
[image][/image]

[image]local://upfiles/62939/BC3960C79C3E49A091C422531B16691F.jpg[/image]

AKar -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 5:15:18 PM)

Yeah, it does not seem to download them readily, using Steam version. Is there a way to 'force' download?

Love the game BTW, even after a brief testing only! So many improvements!

MirabelleBenou -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 5:15:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Majick

I tried a different scenario (first mission of Shifting Sands, Red Sea Rumble) and there are pictures of some assets. The British ships have images, but the initally spotted dhows and cities do not. The previous attempt had been the first mission of Silent Service(Delta Force 2017) where the Victor III, Delta IV and Krivak do not have images. Not sure about anything else as I didn't survive very long ;-)

Hitting the chevron beside unit status doesn't seem to do anything rfelating to the image, i.e if it's there it stays there, if it isn't it doesn't appear.

Do you know where all the catalogue of images installed to?

Hello ! The images are downloaded on the go when needed. There may be a little time passed before it's actually available ingame. But it'll be there at one time :-)

Majick -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 5:20:28 PM)

Thanks for the response Mirabelle, I've restarted the scenarios several times with no change so I'm wondering if some local issue is preventing download, like firewall for example.

MirabelleBenou -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 5:25:29 PM)

Have you any image that were downloaded or nothing at all ?

Majick -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 5:49:03 PM)

The only images I have so far are the 5 british warships in Red Sea Rumble. They just appeared immediately so I have no idea if they downloaded or were already there. What directory would the images download into?

MirabelleBenou -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 6:06:31 PM)

In db\images\db3000 (or cwdb).

As a workarround, you can still download the images community pack (The images are the same).

Majick -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 6:41:42 PM)

Thanks Mirabelle, I'm using the Steam version so maybe as AKar suggested Steam is the issue. I'll do the manual download :)

Majick -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 7:24:09 PM)

Ok, well I've downloaded the images community pack and still in mission 1 of Silent Service (Delta Force 2017), the Delta IV and Victor III have no image.

These submarines are numbers 619 and 622, and there is no image for them in the database. I guess the database is not complete then. At least it means the game is actually working for me :)

MirabelleBenou -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 7:55:09 PM)

Oh, yes, not all platform have images :)

gregb41352 -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 9:48:26 PM)

I just copied the DB images from CMANO to CMO. Seems to work fine.

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 9:57:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gregb41352

I just copied the DB images from CMANO to CMO. Seems to work fine.

Did they same with no issues that I've noticed so far anyway.

CV60 -> RE: Unit pictures (11/14/2019 10:55:32 PM)

Myself and kgambit are the team that do the images and database descriptions. If you have the most current (30 September 2019) images in CMANO, you can simply move them over to your Command Modern Operations/DB/Images folder. Be sure to put them in the corresponding CWDB or DB3000 folder. Not all units have images, but Kgambit and I will continue to update and add to the image and description packages for the foreseeable future.

kgambit -> RE: Unit pictures (11/15/2019 12:08:45 AM)

@Majick - The next update will add those Delta IV and Victor III images and a LOT more.

I'm not sure of the exact number but I'm fairly certain there are 4000 - 5000 platforms just in the DB3K that do not have images as of the September update.

mavfin -> RE: Unit pictures (11/15/2019 2:22:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AKar

Yeah, it does not seem to download them readily, using Steam version. Is there a way to 'force' download?

Love the game BTW, even after a brief testing only! So many improvements!

Was working fine on my Steam version last night. Look back up the thread about the tip on the down-facing vs up-facing arrow.

CV60 -> RE: Unit pictures (11/15/2019 2:51:14 PM)

quote:

Ok, well I've downloaded the images community pack and still in mission 1 of Silent Service (Delta Force 2017), the Delta IV and Victor III have no image.

These submarines are numbers 619 and 622, and there is no image for them in the database. I guess the database is not complete then. At least it means the game is actually working for me :)

For those new to the Command series: One of the reasons that not all the platforms have images is that 1) the database is constantly changing as new platforms are being added; 2) kgambit and I are adding historically accurate images. In other words, a photo of a Delta IV from 1992 will not be used for a 2017 Delta IV database entry. We will use a photo of a Delta IV from 2017 for that entry. So, it takes awhile to find appropriate photos. If anyone wants to assist kgambit and I with this effort, please PM us, and we can get you started. If you have any photos you think would be appropriate for inclusion in the database, please PM us the link to the photo, with the exact database entry you think it would be useful for. In other words, don't tell us it is a "Delta IV" photo. Instead, tell us it would be good for "DB 3000 entry "Submarine_619" (Delta IV)".

Dragnaath -> RE: Unit pictures (11/15/2019 5:10:52 PM)

Is there a preferred way to install community image packs into CMO?

I would like to keep updated images in CMO and supplement platforms that have no images from the Community Pack?

Thx

stolowski -> RE: Unit pictures (11/15/2019 5:15:29 PM)

Something is not quite right with automatic downloading of the images I think. I'm replaying a Northern Inferno scenario that I previously played in CMANO and I remembered E-1B Tracer had an image. In CMO the image woudn't show up - I started the game twice to be sure (at the same time it showed images for some other units). I've just downloaded DB3000 and CWDB and unpacked them into CMO db folder and voila, I now have E-1B Tracer.

Michael7619 -> RE: Unit pictures (11/15/2019 9:13:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Majick

You can get any picture from internet, put it in database folder and rename it correctly (like Aircraft_456.jpg).
Thats possible even game running in backround. I usually want to have pictures from every unit to get in the right mood when playing CMANO/CMO.

[image]local://upfiles/48542/AA0C7E492A324850B2F11C73D893DE89.jpg[/image]

michaelm75au -> RE: Unit pictures (11/15/2019 10:51:05 PM)

I find using the 'Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons' package is quicker than waiting until the image is needed for it to download during the session.
For those with download limits, it would be more cost effective to just grab the image/description files and unzip them into CMO.

MemoryLeak -> RE: Unit pictures (11/15/2019 11:06:24 PM)

I'm a little lost here.
quote:

'Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons' package
. Where would I find that add-on? I looked in Matrix store but couldn't find it.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI