[Wheels in Motion] ingame map layers downloadable ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

overkill01 -> [Wheels in Motion] ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/14/2019 3:07:47 PM)

Congrats to the devs, getting my bearings but it's looking good so far.

I wonder if there is an easy way to save/download the maplayers provided by sentinal-2 satellite ingame?
I find it very annoying that the map loads the images and then disregards them after zooming out.

As far as I can tell, the custom layer option only works as it did before?

Dimitris -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/14/2019 3:52:53 PM)

Thank you!

The map tiles are cached on the disk after being downloaded, so on subsequent re-visits they should be a bit quicker to show up.

KnightHawk75 -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/14/2019 6:54:28 PM)

Is there an option to grab this as some monster data pack so we could play offline without having to visit the whole world with xyz layer enabled to first get it cached on disk?

zakblood -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/14/2019 6:56:46 PM)

500gb is rather a lot of data to cache and take in one go, and many won't have the space either, but a good question all the same and will wait for the reply and answer [;)]

serjames -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/14/2019 6:58:57 PM)

Agreed they are surprisingly slow to DL on my 84mb connection with low ping

Phoenix100 -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/14/2019 7:07:27 PM)

I would download the 500GB no probs. I'm patient and I have disc space. The satellite imagery is really a game changer in immersion terms. It's superb. I would love to get it all on disc. So. +1

KnightHawk75 -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/14/2019 7:16:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

500gb is rather a lot of data to cache and take in one go, and many won't have the space either, but a good question all the same and will wait for the reply and answer [;)]

Yeah I recognize it would be a large download, even if broken up in say 4 global segments or something at 100+gb each, but I'd rather do it at some point and be done with it then trickle load it and end up not having something when my internet is down or otherwise disconnected during travel. As for space, I got a drive more or less specifically for it and few other things when I travel, so no worries there. I recognize I'm definitely a minority in that regard. ;) Not a day-1 priority or anything just that I recall this option being mentioned some time ago and I'm more curious if plans changed.

Marder -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/15/2019 4:58:46 AM)

+1 for a 500gb download. (maybe through steam workshop with a big warning icon) [:D]

overkill01 -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/15/2019 5:10:33 AM)

I'd download a whole terrabite without hesitation if needed.
Same thing with the pictures.

I've got the hardware, so ...

zakblood -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/15/2019 7:21:42 AM)

i also think it would be a good idea to offer it on a whole download for those who wish to have it tbh, as gameplay is always better without a pause or wait, but if the map is updated, then it would only be a smaller updated grabbed when needed, so yes agree a good idea for those with the space and ability to do such a large download

Cello -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/15/2019 1:03:11 PM)

Yes please, for those of us who have the hardware.

Thanks, Marcel

guanotwozero -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (11/15/2019 1:12:30 PM)

I'd throw in a +1, but I'm wondering might it be a dynamically updated dataset? In which case any snapshot will grow increasingly obsolete.

Mjugen -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (1/22/2021 10:37:03 PM)

Hello,

Any news regarding maps DL ?
TB disks are now common.

Thank you !

Dimitris -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (1/23/2021 6:22:32 AM)

Wheels are in motion on this. Will provide an update when we have more.

Mjugen -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (1/23/2021 2:36:38 PM)

Thank you very much, this is wonderful news !

1nutworld -> RE: ingame map layers downloadable ? (1/23/2021 3:38:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

Wheels are in motion on this. Will provide an update when we have more.

As others have stated, Thank you!

I love the fact that the CMO development team is so involved and responsive!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02