Strategy: Is Iraq/Persia Invasion worth it for UK (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Hoyt Burrass -> Strategy: Is Iraq/Persia Invasion worth it for UK (11/11/2019 2:21:30 PM)

If I read the rules correctly, you receive 1/3 of captured resources.

If I didn't miss anything, there are 15 oil resources in Iraq and 30 In Persia.

Capture of both would net the UK 5 from Iraq, and 10 from Persia.

The two active trade routes net the UK 5 from Iraq and 5 From Persia...

By that accounting Conquest of Iraq and Persia would net the UK 5 oil resources per turn...do you think it's worth it?

are there scripted events I should be aware of that change the outputs?

Just trying to group-think the strategy to folks that have more experience with the game than I do.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Flaviusx -> RE: Strategy: Is Iraq/Persia Invasion worth it for UK (11/11/2019 2:28:13 PM)

Oil is an exception here and you get full production from it.

The bigger challenge is getting that oil back to you, what with partisans and convoys and all.

Hoyt Burrass -> RE: Strategy: Is Iraq/Persia Invasion worth it for UK (11/11/2019 2:54:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

Oil is an exception here and you get full production from it.

The bigger challenge is getting that oil back to you, what with partisans and convoys and all.

Hi Flaviusx...thanks for your response...Given what you say, is that a yes vote or a no vote...and, just to be clear, I'm talking about a UK invasion here (I know you are playing Axis in your AAR)

Jim D Burns -> RE: Strategy: Is Iraq/Persia Invasion worth it for UK (11/11/2019 3:09:50 PM)

Persia and Iraq start the game sending oil to the UK at 5 each. They may also send oil to other nations, not sure. The UK really doesn't need the oil so taking Iraq and Persia just means you now have to garrison them from partisans and use your merchants to bring home the oil. So I prefer to leave them neutral. Were oil to become a problem then I might look at invading them.

I think there is an event later that conquers Persia automatically, but that may be for AI powers only. Coming up on mid 42 in my game and it is still a neutral.

Jim

GenSlack -> RE: Strategy: Is Iraq/Persia Invasion worth it for UK (11/11/2019 4:04:53 PM)

Persia isn't an event driven Lend-Lease conduit in the game?

Flaviusx -> RE: Strategy: Is Iraq/Persia Invasion worth it for UK (11/11/2019 4:09:51 PM)

It is against the AI, but I've never seen it fire off when the Allies are played by a human.

You only need one conduit for lend lease anyways, having multiple such conduits doesn't matter. The amount you send through via lend lease can be adjusted by a player up to certain limits. These are set pretty high. The Allies could in theory ship 100+ production to the Soviets a turn, which is a lot.

GenSlack -> RE: Strategy: Is Iraq/Persia Invasion worth it for UK (11/11/2019 4:29:08 PM)

Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02