Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

durnedwolf -> Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/3/2019 8:09:48 PM)

Is there any Japanese TR that can transport a Sound Detector (J) unit?

Last turn I tasked an AG of 12 MC-21 Sally to fly over a fragment of the 94th JAAF AF Bn to Pegu. Each Sally can transport 3k.
This is literally the Sound Detector(J). Under the Electronics database it shows 30 for load cost - that's tons - yes?

So with 12 AC in my TR group x 3k that's 36,000 tons... Or maybe that 30 load cost can't be divided over 12 aircraft so I can only transport by sea?

jdsrae -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/3/2019 9:38:26 PM)

You need a single aircraft to have the load capacity for the device.
The device doesnít get broken down into smaller boxes and split across aircraft.
I cant check now, but I donít think there is an IJ Transport plane that is big enough to do it.

Some things just need to be moved by ship, or be dragged slowly through the jungle by hand!

durnedwolf -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/3/2019 10:05:26 PM)

figures...

They just don't look that heavy... [;)]

[image]local://upfiles/16754/270EE90DDF5A4777B6DD81FCCE5503B1.jpg[/image]

BillBrown -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/3/2019 10:37:33 PM)

They look pretty big to me:

[image]local://upfiles/6818/A900AA2CCA884197A844B703C31E01D9.jpg[/image]

durnedwolf -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/4/2019 12:02:55 AM)

lol.

I still think they'd fit in a cargo plane. And you could easily break that down to be transported in several pieces if you needed to.

They look like re-purposed beer-bongs...

inqistor -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/4/2019 10:17:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: durnedwolf

Is there any Japanese TR that can transport a Sound Detector (J) unit?

Last turn I tasked an AG of 12 MC-21 Sally to fly over a fragment of the 94th JAAF AF Bn to Pegu. Each Sally can transport 3k.
This is literally the Sound Detector(J). Under the Electronics database it shows 30 for load cost - that's tons - yes?

So with 12 AC in my TR group x 3k that's 36,000 tons... Or maybe that 30 load cost can't be divided over 12 aircraft so I can only transport by sea?

Unless it is squad, you can air transport device with maximum weight of IIRC 9.

GetAssista -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/4/2019 2:16:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor
... and it's mighty annoying that stock IJA para engineers are >9 [:D]

Yaab -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/4/2019 2:32:00 PM)

At least you can move Naval Support squads by transport planes with all their abstracted lighters. How cool is that?

HansBolter -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/4/2019 6:39:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

Allied para engineers also get left behind by the early war smaller transports.

The large, late war transports make a big difference in air lift capability.

Coronados are amazing.

In '45 the Americans get an Airborne Artillery and an Airborne Tank tank battalion and I manage to move both in their entirety with airlift.

BBfanboy -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/5/2019 1:59:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

At least you can move Naval Support squads by transport planes with all their abstracted lighters. How cool is that?

All they need is saws and rope to lash the logs together to make lighters. Beer kegs for the buoyancy. [:D]

Seriously, lighters are part of the port build. That is why naval support does not help a base that does not yet have a level 1 port.

rustysi -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/5/2019 8:42:18 PM)

quote:

In '45 the Americans get an Airborne Artillery and an Airborne Tank tank battalion and I manage to move both in their entirety with airlift.

Are you playing 'stock' or a 'mod'? In 'stock' all air transportable devices are limited to a load level of 9 or less.

HansBolter -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/6/2019 11:22:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

Are you playing 'stock' or a 'mod'? In 'stock' all air transportable devices are limited to a load level of 9 or less.

AndyMac's Ironman Japan ported to Babes, Scenario #40.

rustysi -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/7/2019 6:51:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

quote:

AndyMac's Ironman Japan ported to Babes, Scenario #40.

No idea if any changes were made in that mod as to what's air transportable, as I've only done 'stock'.

Yaab -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/7/2019 6:59:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

Allied para engineers also get left behind by the early war smaller transports.

The large, late war transports make a big difference in air lift capability.

Coronados are amazing.

Oh yes, Babes scenarios and tanks travelling on air transports.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3344350&mpage=1&key=valentine%2Cair�

Also
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3808054&mpage=1&key=valentine%2Cair�

rustysi -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/7/2019 7:25:34 PM)

quote:

... and it's mighty annoying that stock IJA para engineers are >9

Pretty sure it was a decision of the 'devs' that it be so.

Alpha77 -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/11/2019 11:04:58 AM)

quote:

quote:

So I can not transport eg. a 10.5 com howitzer or a light tank with a Emily transport (they have the highest rating of 9000 I believe only the Tabby comes close - but sadly only few IJN transport units on the board at all) [:(]

BBfanboy -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/12/2019 4:08:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

quote:

quote:

So I can not transport eg. a 10.5 com howitzer or a light tank with a Emily transport (they have the highest rating of 9000 I believe only the Tabby comes close - but sadly only few IJN transport units on the board at all) [:(]

Total lift capability is only one measure of what you can get on the aircraft. Other considerations are door size and floor strength. Even when you consider laying down planks to prevent the item from puncturing the floor, the fuselage support stringers under the floor might not take that much weight in a small area. The total lift capacity of the airplane presumes fairly even loading over the whole passenger/cargo area.

rustysi -> RE: Japanese Air Transport for Sound Detector (J) (11/12/2019 4:21:29 PM)

quote:

So I can not transport eg. a 10.5 com howitzer or a light tank with a Emily transport

No.

Sorry.[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.539063E-02