Poland refuses to Surrender (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

scout1 -> Poland refuses to Surrender (11/2/2019 1:22:20 AM)

OK, WTH am I doing wrong …. captured Warsaw, government moves to Krakow (which I bypassed). Took Krakow and the government went into exile … however Polish units on the next turn remain on the field …… Do I need to bribe these guys ?

Bronze -> RE: Poland refuses to Surrender (11/2/2019 1:32:52 AM)

Similar vein:
While I get Poland to surrender every time, I do get messages saying that friendly units have moved to various hexes.None of my units have moved....

Cohen_slith -> RE: Poland refuses to Surrender (11/2/2019 1:51:04 AM)

You may need to pound into oblivion some of their troops maybe?

gwgardner -> RE: Poland refuses to Surrender (11/2/2019 3:03:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

OK, WTH am I doing wrong …. captured Warsaw, government moves to Krakow (which I bypassed). Took Krakow and the government went into exile … however Polish units on the next turn remain on the field …… Do I need to bribe these guys ?

Look on the diplomacy window, where Poland has a morale breakpoint of 21. You need to take all their morale cities to get a surrender. Warsaw, Krakow, Poznan, Lodz.

Simulacra53 -> RE: Poland refuses to Surrender (11/2/2019 5:58:07 AM)

Take the cities.
Did some Poland runs and in one of them even after taking Warsaw and destroying the bulk of their army in the 2nd turn they did not surrender, but go into exile. For some reason the game locked up in the next turn so afterwards I loaded the last save game - still in turn 2.

I had knowingly passed Poznan and it was the only major city not taken.
Luckily I had weakened it the previous turns, and the second tirn still had 2 unused corps next to the city and some unused air power in range.
Some aerial softening up, and three infantry attacks later the city was mine.

This time at the end of the turn Poland did surrender as expected.

Was Poznan that decisive, I don’t know, but this is linear scripting at work.

...I am enjoying the game, no criticism intended.
Very intuitive, simple at the surface, but with interesting depth and scale.
Have only touched the surface though.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Poland refuses to Surrender (11/2/2019 6:13:33 PM)

Hit "U" if you see an urban area with a green or brown # on it... take it. That's a morale city.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02