Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Lobster -> Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/20/2019 5:47:46 PM)

Okay, there are no zombies, the world isn't in danger of ending, it's not the future and he doesn't play an alcoholic. Exactly why is Woody Harrelson even in this movie? [:D]

He looks so out of place.

Zorch -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/20/2019 6:22:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Okay, there are no zombies, the world isn't in danger of ending, it's not the future and he doesn't play an alcoholic. Exactly why is Woody Harrelson even in this movie? [:D]

3 words: Infinite Improbability Drive

"The Infinite Improbability Drive was invented following research into finite improbability which was often used to break the ice at parties by making all the molecules in the hostess' undergarments leap one foot simultaneously to the left in accordance with the theory of indeterminacy. Many respectable physicists said they weren't going to stand for that sort of thing, partly because it was a debasement of science, but mostly because they didn't get invited to those sort of parties."

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Infinite%20Improbability%20Drive

[image]local://upfiles/34241/5490A53D8B52415982B88ACA79049D51.jpg[/image]

larrybush -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/20/2019 7:00:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Yes, I agree with your sentiment. If he had a doobie lit during the scenes it would be more believable...

Challerain -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/20/2019 9:53:43 PM)

Woody is actually a very good actor. Doesn't seen out of place to me.

[image]local://upfiles/3507/14B06527D6CE48EB946C8D8EAC08DF8B.jpg[/image]

pkpowers -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/20/2019 11:03:17 PM)

I agree , Woody is a good actor and a good choice ; Anyone ever see "The Gallant Hours" ? It is excellent with James Cagney as Bull Halsey, it is one of my all time favorite war movies.

Gilmer -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/21/2019 11:48:08 AM)

It's a no for me for exactly this reason. I think he is great in movies like Zombieland, but he doesn't have the strength, in my opinion, to pull off Nimitz.

Zovs -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/21/2019 12:36:47 PM)

He doesn't even look like him for pete's sake!

Zorch -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/21/2019 12:40:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

He doesn't even look like him for pete's sake!

When did that ever stop Hollywood? [:D]
They could bring in the rest of the Cheers cast...Ted Danson as Admiral King?

Zovs -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/21/2019 1:25:55 PM)

LOL :D

yeah, when I took my son to see Fury, I was like yeah another Ben Afliklic, Brad Pitt, goofball movie form HollowWood

TDefender -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/21/2019 2:52:06 PM)

Woody Harrelson is a very good actor. Considering the film director and what we see in the trailers he could be one of the few things worth to see of this "operation"....

Capt. Harlock -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/22/2019 4:45:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Challerain

Woody is actually a very good actor. Doesn't seen out of place to me.

[image]local://upfiles/3507/14B06527D6CE48EB946C8D8EAC08DF8B.jpg[/image]

He's a good actor, but he has the Will Smith problem. From what I saw in the trailer, he doesn't "sink into" the character. You're always aware that you're watching Woody Harrelson.

Rebel Yell -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/22/2019 4:50:41 PM)

Just like Alec Baldwin playing Doolittle in the film that must not be named, Woody as Nimitz is an affront to the real life man.

I'll just leave it at that.

Joe D. -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/22/2019 5:25:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pkpowers

I agree , Woody is a good actor and a good choice ; Anyone ever see "The Gallant Hours" ? It is excellent with James Cagney as Bull Halsey, it is one of my all time favorite war movies.

You're comparing Woody Harrleson to Jimmy Cagney?

Joe D. -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/22/2019 5:32:45 PM)

All I can say is that those Japanese carriers better not have their decks full of planes.

pkpowers -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/22/2019 7:22:49 PM)

quote:

sorry you got it wrong, I was comparing Bull to Woody [8D]

Joe D. -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/22/2019 7:29:47 PM)

quote:

quote:

sorry you got it wrong, I was comparing Bull to Woody [8D]

Based on what?

ncc1701e -> RE: Woody Harrleson as Nimitz (10/22/2019 8:33:46 PM)

This is clearly not George C Scott. I hope no one have the idea to do a remake of Patton movie...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI