Weird Message when starting the game today (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support

Hellen_slith -> Weird Message when starting the game today (10/15/2019 5:24:08 PM)

This dialog box has started to appear when I run TOAW IV

Any ideas?

[image]local://upfiles/18399/57A5A0326F28482389E47851C6783D92.jpg[/image]

larryfulkerson -> RE: Weird Message when starting the game today (10/15/2019 5:28:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hellen_slith
This dialog box has started to appear when I run TOAW IV

Any ideas?
I've never gotten that message....I suppose it's because I doubleclick on the TOAW executable to get it started instead of using the TOAW loader program like you seem to be using. I'd advise you to create a shortcut of the executable and skip using the loader program.

Hellen_slith -> RE: Weird Message when starting the game today (10/15/2019 5:41:37 PM)

Thanks, larry, that worked!

Lobster -> RE: Weird Message when starting the game today (10/15/2019 11:50:10 PM)

The loader is nice if you just want to see the manual, tutorials, to register the game and a few other things. Evidently something was changed and it wasn't picked up by whoever is supposed to maintain it. Happens sometimes.

Hellen_slith -> RE: Weird Message when starting the game today (10/17/2019 4:40:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

The loader is nice if you just want to see the manual, tutorials, to register the game and a few other things. Evidently something was changed and it wasn't picked up by whoever is supposed to maintain it. Happens sometimes.

That makes sense.

Some follow-up questions:

Why is this script trying to run on my machine in the first place?

What is its purpose? What is it trying to do?

Just curious.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Weird Message when starting the game today (10/17/2019 4:49:10 PM)

quote:

quote:

That makes sense. A follow-up question is, why is this script trying to run on my machine in the first place? What is its purpose? What is it trying to do?

Just curious.
I'm no expert but I did have my own operational web page up for a couple of months. That's another long story to be told in another post. At any rate, it looks to me like the web page that has been evoked by the loader is asking for a javascript file from the facebook domain so that your browser can execute it and the javascript code has an error in it and cannot be executed on your browser and the error message wants to know if your browser should continue executing other files (yes or no). Which may or may not be advisable. The script that got truncated was probably trying to construct a form that would have been designed to elicit more information from you about where the web page should go from *here*. Or load an image or something else entirely. Only god knows.

Lobster -> RE: Weird Message when starting the game today (10/17/2019 6:11:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

That makes sense.

Some follow-up questions:

Why is this script trying to run on my machine in the first place?

What is its purpose? What is it trying to do?

Just curious.

Do you belong to a Matrix Facebook Group or in any way have some connection to Matrix in your Facebook? Even Matrix ads. Anything Matrix related can have far reaching effects to your Facebook experience.

Hellen_slith -> RE: Weird Message when starting the game today (10/17/2019 8:44:58 PM)

No, I do not have the face book nor do I use it.

Nor do I want to have the face book,

So thus, my questions.

Thanks for the replies!

altipueri -> RE: Weird Message when starting the game today (11/1/2019 7:56:13 AM)

I've been getting those pop ups too for a couple of weeks. It seems to be when the start screen is trying to get whatever advertisment Matrix want to shove in front of you before you play the game.

I don't have face stuff so that also might be why it comes up as an error. Frankly I wish they wouldn't try to run scripts like that.

PS - it happens on some of my other Matrix games too, not just TOAW.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI