Russo-German War 1941-45 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios

sPzAbt653 -> Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/27/2019 9:00:04 AM)

This scenario is the Axis Programmed Opponent [PO] Version of the Directive 21 Scenario. This means that you can now play as the Soviets against the Axis Computer. Human vs. Human is also possible. As there are extensive changes in other areas, it was felt that a name change was best, in order to avoid confusion. Below is a condensed list of changes [the full change list is several pages long].

Axis 5-Track PO added
Equipment Database changed to a revised Derek Weichs Database.
OOB Revisions.
TO&E Revisions [based on the works of Fredrik Henriksson [German units] and David Glantz [Soviet units].
Proficiency Revisions.
Soviet Production Revisions.
Terrain/Map Revisions.
Replacement Revisions.
Working on Naval Combat Results. Naval Attrition Divider changed from 10 to 100, then from 100 to 50.
See the attached scenario document for further details.

This has been worked on for over a year. Most of the changes won't be immediately noticeable and actually have little to no effect on game play. The Axis PO is a big part of this, but it is basically a roughed-in item. It is there, and it is functional, but it will take time and playtesting to improve. On a scale of 1-10 it currently probably rates a 3. One C2C run has resulted in an Axis loss in May 1943. Some adjustments have been made and a second C2C run has resulted in an Axis loss in November 1943. At this point it can't hurt to have humans that may be interested in checking it out.

v1.1 posted Oct. 11, 2019
Corrected error that caused Winter to affect the Axis in July 1941.

Alan Sharif -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/27/2019 1:17:51 PM)

Thanks for all your hard work.

tyronec -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/27/2019 1:51:01 PM)

Does this effectively upgrade D21 if you were playing Axis vs Soviet PO ?

larryfulkerson -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/27/2019 1:52:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tyronec

I think it does. Seems to be the same map, few changes I guess.

StuccoFresco -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/27/2019 1:57:27 PM)

Good job!

Zovs -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/27/2019 2:42:35 PM)

Seems like this may be a good PBEM game?

larryfulkerson -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/27/2019 2:43:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Try it and find out. I'd like to know the answer to that myself.

tigercub -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/28/2019 10:38:55 AM)

i am up for a game!PBM

Tigercub

DD696 -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/28/2019 12:53:30 PM)

Browsing through, I find the German 6th Army to be an artillery unit with lots of artillery, but no regular corps components. Just wondering if this is intentional?

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/28/2019 4:07:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tyronec

I don't understand the question [:(]

quote:

Seems to be the same map

It is but there are Terrain/Map Revisions, I've gone over every hex [but it was quite a boring job so I may have missed a few]. No more rails thru difficult hexes, no more rivers in the lakes, etc.

quote:

I don't know if it is 'good' because I don't pbem and it hasn't been tested that way, but Human vs. Human is also possible.

quote:

I find the German 6th Army to be an artillery unit with lots of artillery, but no regular corps components. Just wondering if this is intentional?

German Artillery:
Besides the divisional Artillery included in the Headquarters units, the Germans had a pool of independent Artillery. These Artillery units have been organized under their historical German Korps HQ's at the start of Barbarossa as ArKo [Artillery Commander] and Harko [Higher Artillery Commander] units. While the Germans never mastered the art of massed artillery as their opponents did, these German Artillery units provided Artillery support wherever it was deemed necessary. In the scenario they are organized as Korps formations so the player is encouraged to use them as they were historically [spread across the front], but does allow the unhistorical option to mass them.

tyronec -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (9/28/2019 4:28:59 PM)

Was asking if you could play against Soviet PO but have downloaded it and see you can.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 (10/3/2019 7:03:38 PM)

quote:

Just an Idea, perhaps there should be an event where Soviet mothball Baltic Fleet

[From a comment Larry's current D21 AAR, but I didn't want to impinge on his thread.]

It's a sore topic for me, as a scenario designer, how to handle the 'on paper formidable' Soviet Navy. Having just gone thru all the testing and changes for the newer version, the Soviet Naval units were a nuisance, and I still couldn't come to a comfortable answer.

If Leningrad/Kronstadt falls, the Soviet Baltic Fleet would have been scuttled to prevent Jerry from using them. We can't argue that, can we ?

The Soviet Navy was not going to do any serious 'navying'. See Albert Seaton's book 'Russo-German War' for a nice unbiased rundown of the Red Navy's capabilities.

I thought we had put Withdrawal Events in D21 to get those units out of our hair under the right conditions, maybe I mis-remember. But I have put such events into this later version.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02