[WAD - MUST UPGRADE DB] CEC targeting not working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Eboreg -> [WAD - MUST UPGRADE DB] CEC targeting not working (9/25/2019 8:15:55 PM)

I've been playing through some scenarios lately and on a rather recent one, I've been trying to use CEC-based targeting to take down enemy aircraft and, I've got to be honest, I don't know why I didn't notice this earlier, but it seems that CEC-targeting isn't working. At all. I've attached a save file of the most egregious example of it not working so I would appreciate it if someone figured out what was going wrong.

Raptorx7_slith -> RE: CEC targeting not working (9/25/2019 8:42:33 PM)

You need to update the scenario to the latest DB using the editor, looks like its using an older version that didn't have working CEC.

zabekkp -> RE: CEC targeting not working (9/26/2019 5:10:07 AM)

Hi, I have same problem. Scenario updated to the latest version of database but problem still ocurs. Effect is that: AIM-54 or AIM-120 cannot be used anytime. I have AWACS and AEGIS destroyer for backup, radars on, comms online. But F35 cannot use AIM-120 at any situation but AIM-9 without problem. F14 cannot use AIM-54 but can use AIM-7 or 9. I have reinstaled game, rebuilded scenarios to newest DB - nothing helps.

Dimitris -> RE: CEC targeting not working (9/26/2019 5:15:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zabekkp
Hi, I have same problem. Scenario updated to the latest version of database but problem still ocurs. Effect is that: AIM-54 or AIM-120 cannot be used anytime. I have AWACS and AEGIS destroyer for backup, radars on, comms online. But F35 cannot use AIM-120 at any situation but AIM-9 without problem. F14 cannot use AIM-54 but can use AIM-7 or 9. I have reinstaled game, rebuilded scenarios to newest DB - nothing helps.

1. Save file?

2. Not all weapons can use CEC mode, and AIM-54 and early AIM-120 certainly cannot. Again without a save we cannot tell what you are seeing.

Dimitris -> RE: CEC targeting not working (9/26/2019 5:17:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raptorx7_slith
You need to update the scenario to the latest DB using the editor, looks like its using an older version that didn't have working CEC.

Confirmed; DB3000v473 does not support this feature. You need to migrate the scenario to the most recent version (v478).

zabekkp -> RE: CEC targeting not working (9/27/2019 3:08:28 PM)

I see my problem include only cold war database (477). Cannot use AIM-54 but AIM-7 working without problem (F-14, F-111B naval variant nad F-15 hypotetical naval variant). I saw also that target for GBU-10 cannot be iluminated enough (in daylight) with F4E Phantom (from alitude 3600m). I think - i must wait for some fixes that already ocurred in database for modern years.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI