HQs and Supply bonus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room

StuccoFresco -> HQs and Supply bonus (9/23/2019 10:42:42 AM)

Hello, i'm experimenting with HQs and I wanted to know how you should use them in Corps-scale scenarios with the basic units being Regiment-sized, and map scale is 2,5km per hex.

I keep Divisional HQ with 30 Support Squad each just behind the main line of its Division, and that should be pretty straightforward since their supply bonus applies to adjacent units.

But Corps HQs are in a different Formation, on their own. How should I position them to exploit their 80 Support Squads?

StuccoFresco -> RE: HQs and Supply bonus (9/27/2019 1:56:25 PM)

Anyone?

Zovs -> RE: HQs and Supply bonus (9/27/2019 2:39:43 PM)

Well if your HQ's are Corps sized then your units of maneuver should be Divisions in my mind.

If your basic units of maneuver are regiment sized then your HQ's should be Divisional and then Corps sized HQ's.

That is just my thoughts.

cpt flam -> RE: HQs and Supply bonus (9/27/2019 2:55:17 PM)

you can try to use them for your air bases.
This would be interesting if it work !

larryfulkerson -> RE: HQs and Supply bonus (9/27/2019 10:14:05 PM)

Some Corps HQ units have engineers in them. Also, some of them may have some RR engineers or ferry engineers, or arty, or all of the above.

Lobster -> RE: HQs and Supply bonus (9/27/2019 11:30:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StuccoFresco

Hello, i'm experimenting with HQs and I wanted to know how you should use them in Corps-scale scenarios with the basic units being Regiment-sized, and map scale is 2,5km per hex.

I keep Divisional HQ with 30 Support Squad each just behind the main line of its Division, and that should be pretty straightforward since their supply bonus applies to adjacent units.

But Corps HQs are in a different Formation, on their own. How should I position them to exploit their 80 Support Squads?

Depends on the scenario. They are good for supporting artillery if you have no other use for them.

StuccoFresco -> RE: HQs and Supply bonus (9/28/2019 11:08:03 AM)

Yes, individual divisions have Divisional HQ, then Corps HQ "above" them.

fogger -> RE: HQs and Supply bonus (9/30/2019 1:05:55 PM)

Something I have been toying with is a "CO" in the first line of equipment and a large pool of replacements. That way if you loose a HQ it should reform very quickly. The HQ would then fill out with other equipment as it comes online.

cathar1244 -> RE: HQs and Supply bonus (10/1/2019 9:38:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fogger

Something I have been toying with is a "CO" in the first line of equipment and a large pool of replacements. That way if you loose a HQ it should reform very quickly. The HQ would then fill out with other equipment as it comes online.

Neat idea. Let us know how it works in scens if you use it.

Cheers

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI