Loses Calculation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe



Message


Gilber -> Loses Calculation (9/4/2019 11:54:48 AM)

Hello,

during a ground combat in the calculation of expected losses it is sometimes subtracted 1 from the attack and/or defence coefficient as in the attached example. I did not find an explanation in the calculation of losses in the manual.



[image]local://upfiles/59861/753D2A42D3A245508415AC211B8D9CA7.jpg[/image]




Hubert Cater -> RE: Loses Calculation (9/4/2019 5:39:36 PM)

Hi Gilber,

The -1 for both sides is a subtraction of the applicable and matching research levels from the attack and defense values. This keeps the combat results reasonable when both sides are improved with technology instead of a possible slugfest from ever increasing values.

For example if you have an improvement of at least +1 Tank Attack value for your Army, and the Soviet Tank has an improvement of at least +1 Hard Defense, then these improvements simply cancel out.

Hope this makes sense,
Hubert




Gilber -> RE: Loses Calculation (9/5/2019 9:12:16 AM)

thank you for your answer




The Land -> RE: Loses Calculation (9/9/2019 1:15:54 PM)

Can I just check how the readiness calculation and rounding happens here?

The Army has an attack value of 3 (after knocking off the tech). It has readiness of 0.88 so it's effective value is 2.64. Does that get simply rounded to 3, or is the rounding probabilistic (e.g 36% chance of rounding to 2 and 64% chance of rounding to 3?)





Hubert Cater -> RE: Loses Calculation (9/9/2019 6:33:49 PM)

If we continue with your example, once it is at 2.64 it does not yet get rounded just yet. The full formula is then applied with the 2.64 as the applicable value in the combat losses formula, and then at the very end, the final result is rounded so we get a full value loss of 1 or 2 of whatever the final result will be.

Hope this makes sense,
Hubert




Wik -> RE: Loses Calculation (9/17/2019 3:11:03 PM)

Where in the manual do I find the explanation of these values?




BillRunacre -> RE: Loses Calculation (9/19/2019 5:26:49 PM)

Combat is covered in section 6.6 and then some factors on combat results are looked at in more depth in Chapter 7. Section 7.29.8 references the +/1- point variation in combat results.




Page: [1]

Valid CSS!




Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02