Battle reports (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

zasgard -> Battle reports (9/3/2019 1:07:00 AM)

Hello

Just picked up the game and I was running the game AI vs AI and after every attack a screen would pop up displaying the losses for each attack. I saved my game and came back to it and now those little battle reports are showing.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 1:34:27 AM)

Try this:

[image]local://upfiles/24850/81FCB2A990F54883A282DE6BDA1C53A4.jpg[/image]

Hellen_slith -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 1:36:31 AM)

If you don't want the reports to show after each battle, you can go into player options and set the option to not display them.

I think that is what you mean? Also, open the .pdf manual and you can ctrl-F to search for battle reports, and it will tell you about all the options.

I hope this helps!

zasgard -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 1:47:31 AM)

Whoops...I meant I want them to show and now they are not, but I see what setting options your referring too so I'll just mess around with them. It's weird, I don't remember changing them.

zasgard -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 2:20:34 AM)

Well, this is odd...if I select losses and Combat Report or Combat Chart, neither option are showing combat losses

Hellen_slith -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 3:33:36 AM)

Do you mean clicking "Attacker Losses" won't show the losses?

You have to click the different buttons on the combat summary report. One shows attacker losses, another shows defender losses, another shows the grid of units and combat rounds, and another shows the legend for the different abbreviations ... are those the ones you mean?

Also, you have to click the little buttons on the combat list that says where battles took place, then it will take you to where it shows the more detailed reports.

Sorry, am away from my TOAW computer or I would post a screen shot.

zasgard -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 3:41:42 AM)

So, I'm totally lost on how to get the losses to show after every attack. I have the "Side" settings at computer vs computer and then with "Detailed Combat Reports" I've tried all the various settings and I can't get the battle report to show after each battle has occurred.

Looking at the manual I see an option for "on"...nothing else, just "on". I do not have that option. It's either "On, Combat Report", "On, Attack loss", "On, Defender Loss", "On, Combat Chart" and "Off".

Anyone have any idea why I can't get the battle reports to show? I was able to get them to show when I first started the game, but now, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 4:42:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zasgard

So, I'm totally lost on how to get the losses to show after every attack. I have the "Side" settings at computer vs computer and then with "Detailed Combat Reports" I've tried all the various settings and I can't get the battle report to show after each battle has occurred.

Looking at the manual I see an option for "on"...nothing else, just "on". I do not have that option. It's either "On, Combat Report", "On, Attack loss", "On, Defender Loss", "On, Combat Chart" and "Off".

Anyone have any idea why I can't get the battle reports to show? I was able to get them to show when I first started the game, but now, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Players now have the ability to choose which report they want to come up first: Combat Report, Attacker Losses, Defender Losses, or Combat Chart.

But from any of those, one can then select any of the other three to display next via the buttons on the report.

Lobster -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 10:29:52 AM)

quote:

Go to page 10 of the manual and start reading.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 12:44:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

quote:

Go to page 10 of the manual and start reading.

Actually, the above is too new for the manual. It's only in the "What's New" document.

Hellen_slith -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 2:48:22 PM)

If you have the detailed combat results set to OFF, then I think you will have to pause the AI (by clicking anywhere in the screen) and then you will have to look at the combat reports like so:

[image]local://upfiles/18399/5D26A9CE7A504F9895D707561642AB22.jpg[/image]

zasgard -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 5:43:22 PM)

Thank you all.

It's just a matter of me being more familiar with the game. Loving it so far.

Zovs -> RE: Battle reports (9/3/2019 5:56:59 PM)

+1, the more you play it the better it becomes.

I still think 2 player is the best challenge to match your wits (or sanity) on/with.

zasgard -> RE: Battle reports (9/4/2019 1:42:20 AM)

OK, I just can't figure out how to get the battle report to pop up after every time there is an attack in a hex. I've tried all the setting I can think of. What does the "Detailed Combat Reports" need to be set at when playing Computer vs Computer so it will pop up showing the losses after each battle when a hex is attacked?

Maybe a better question to ask is...computer vs computer, can you still get battle reports to pop up every time a hex is attacked? If so...what are the settings for that?

[image]local://upfiles/25249/4220A0D4549945C08DD721A26CAD67A1.jpg[/image]

Hellen_slith -> RE: Battle reports (9/4/2019 3:15:40 PM)

Tested this on my end, same problem.

Apparently the auto-popup report will not appear if BOTH sides are set to AI. In that case, you have to stop the action and use the combat reports button.

It *will* work if you set only one side to play AI at a time. IOW, when I select AI to play EITHER allies or axis, it works.

If i set the game to play BOTH sides, it will not work. So, set only one side to play at a time, and that should work. At least that's what is happening for me on my end. I hope this helps.

Zovs -> RE: Battle reports (9/4/2019 3:23:21 PM)

I don't think AI vs AI has ever worked like this, only Human vs AI or AI vs Human or h2h or pbem/++

Lobster -> RE: Battle reports (9/4/2019 4:07:29 PM)

Right. You the human have to be 'in the loop'. I guess if you are not taking part Norm figured there's no reason to show you what happened. Norm mysticism. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.198242E-02