The Battle of Guadalcanal (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Joe D. -> The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/7/2019 10:53:45 AM)

"Explore Museum digital assets to learn more about the six-month fight to take the island of Guadalcanal, a vital step in defeating the Japanese in the Pacific theater."

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/battle-guadalcanal?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social

Yaab -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/16/2019 7:33:12 AM)

No mention of Operation "Dovetail" and landings at Koro?

LeeChard -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/16/2019 8:59:08 AM)

I need to get down there to see the new museum. Looks like a good one!

fcooke -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/17/2019 8:00:56 AM)

It's not that new. I think it has been open for maybe 15 years now. IIRC Stephen Ambrose had a lot to do with getting it set up. They have 2 PT boats, one on static display and one that they were turning into a runner when I was last there a few years ago. New Orleans is a fun town - way too much good food though. And music.

RangerJoe -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/17/2019 11:59:46 AM)

There is never too much good food . . .

fcooke -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/17/2019 2:43:17 PM)

And oddly enough my wife thinks I am too thin.......a couple of weeks in NO would fix that.......

of course my doc thought 200 pounds on a 6'2" frame was 'overweight'.......now I am about 175 and my wife tells me I have no ass.....cannot win.....gumbo here we come!

RangerJoe -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/17/2019 2:58:50 PM)

Maybe there just isn't enough for her to grab . . .

But there are exercises for that.

rustysi -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/19/2019 11:24:32 PM)

quote:

But there are exercises for that.

Or cosmetic surgery.[:D]

fcooke -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/20/2019 9:39:18 AM)

two of my more important rules in life:

never jump out a perfectly good airplane (sorry skydivers).
Never opt to get cut open on 'elective' surgery.

Gridley380 -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/20/2019 12:42:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

never jump out a perfectly good airplane (sorry skydivers).

As my dad would have said "It's an Air Force bird - it ISN'T perfectly good."

He was also very fond of pointing out that the most dangerous parts of a flight are takeoff and landing (still true today, BTW), and thus a paratrooper avoids half the risk. :-)

RangerJoe -> RE: The Battle of Guadalcanal (8/20/2019 4:52:40 PM)

There was a guy who at 3500 feet up, jumped out of a perfectly good aircraft with two parachutes. It was said of him "He was the last one out and the first on the ground." Two weeks later, he jumped again. He was 31 years of age at the time. This was after, at the age of 16, he grabbed two Japanese hand grenades and smothered them - he remembers one of them going off. He started High School wearing his Medal of Honor. I bet no boys in school teased him for wearing a ribbon around his neck . . .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02