I bought WITW and now WITE AND WITW dont runt (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

fulcrum28 -> I bought WITW and now WITE AND WITW dont runt (7/7/2019 1:19:24 PM)

I have installed and enjoyed War in the East since several years ago, without any problem,
and now I purchased both War in the WEST and bought WITE AND WITW stop wrking when application starts running.
I bought and installed WITW via Steam. If there is no a simple solution, I will uninstall both games and I will not purchase more games using Steam.

zakblood -> RE: I bought WITW and now WITE AND WITW dont runt (7/7/2019 4:54:20 PM)

both game work fine, so anyone with a problem has errors elsewhere, so without a log or report it's hard to say what to do to fix it tbh, as any advice offered is just that, guess work,

so lets start off with the basic,

To obtain the DxDiag file:
1. Press Windows Key + R.
2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
4. Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save.

To obtain the MSInfo file:
1. Press Windows Key + R.
2. Type MSInfo32 and press Enter.
3. In the MSInfo diagnostic window, click File, then Export.
4. When the Export As window appears, choose Desktop.
5. Name the file "MSInfo" and click Save.

then go from there, attach the files to a reply in a zip format, then anyone from support can download and read and reply

fulcrum28 -> RE: I bought WITW and now WITE AND WITW dont runt (7/7/2019 4:57:57 PM)

steamservice.exe is in programx86/commonfiles/steam it seems it is being blocked by antivirus.
where should i move that file? and why only now this problem happens and no other steam game suffers from the same problem? i could play WITE without problems until today. When i bought WITE, then both do not work.

zakblood -> RE: I bought WITW and now WITE AND WITW dont runt (7/7/2019 5:01:08 PM)

just one of a 1000 posts online, all stating the same things

https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/25516/~/what-should-i-do-if-i-get-a-message-stating-failed-to-start-game-%28unknown

all making a game which refuses to run work fine, plain and simple

zakblood -> RE: I bought WITW and now WITE AND WITW dont runt (7/7/2019 5:01:52 PM)

most poor anti virus programs do false positives, name which poor one you use, and i'll link you to how to fix it

zakblood -> RE: I bought WITW and now WITE AND WITW dont runt (7/7/2019 5:03:27 PM)

if you run any installer as admin, it gives most AV and firewall programs the correct permissions to run, even then some free or rubbish anti virus or some really poor firewalls still need other stuff adding, that's the fault of the poor programs, not the game or how windows is done

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02