why resource not moving (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School

IBender -> why resource not moving (6/4/2019 11:09:46 PM)

Can someone tell me why the autralian resource points are idle? I would have thought that one of them was being shipped to england but it seems neither of them are.

See the attached picture. Its at the very beginning of a global game where I am focusing on trying to really understand rules.

Global game all options on and this is very beginning of game first time cw is moving.

[image]local://upfiles/48321/C4493AC154164E24973A07E85444BD26.jpg[/image]

Centuur -> RE: why resource not moving (6/5/2019 11:23:56 AM)

You cannot ship a resource from Australia to England, because you don't have a convoy line to England from Australia.

RAW:

You can rail a resource point both before and after shipping it overseas
but you can not ship it overseas, then rail it, then ship it overseas
again.

IBender -> RE: why resource not moving (6/5/2019 1:07:02 PM)

I thought if you shipped to the usa west coast, then it would travel overland usa then put couple convoys into the atlantic that the resource would get to england? is this wrong?

Courtenay -> RE: why resource not moving (6/5/2019 2:33:08 PM)

A resource can only be transported over one chain of naval convoys. Optional rail to a port, chain of convoys to a port, optional rail to a factory. That is it. Once you hit land a second time, you are stuck there.

Courtenay -> RE: why resource not moving (6/5/2019 2:34:23 PM)

What you can do is feed a Canadian factory, and have a Canadian resource go to Britain. However, this does not qualify for the Food in Flames bonus if you are using that rule.

IBender -> RE: why resource not moving (6/6/2019 12:23:21 AM)

Omg brilliant

Thank you so very much

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02