Guards Tank Corps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

thedoctorking -> Guards Tank Corps (5/30/2019 3:52:28 AM)

First turn that tank corps can be formed (4/2/42). I put two Guards Tank Brigades and one regular Tank Brigade together in a hex, all under the same HQ, and hit buildup/breakdown units. Nothing happens. Three regular brigades in another hex succeed in forming a Tank Corps. What's up? Is there a different date when Guards Tank Corps become available? Should I just put single GTB's with two regulars, make a regular corps, and hope they promote later?

Chris21wen -> RE: Guards Tank Corps (5/30/2019 6:24:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

First turn that tank corps can be formed (4/2/42). I put two Guards Tank Brigades and one regular Tank Brigade together in a hex, all under the same HQ, and hit buildup/breakdown units. Nothing happens. Three regular brigades in another hex succeed in forming a Tank Corps. What's up? Is there a different date when Guards Tank Corps become available? Should I just put single GTB's with two regulars, make a regular corps, and hope they promote later?

Doesn't say so in the manual and I've never seen it.

Is it possible that the non-guards unit has so few wins that it drags the overall wins for the corps below that needed for guard status?

Chris21wen -> RE: Guards Tank Corps (5/30/2019 6:27:48 AM)

... or you already have too many. Not likely I think.

Denniss -> RE: Guards Tank Corps (5/30/2019 7:50:05 PM)

was one of the 3 maybe out of moving points ?

thedoctorking -> RE: Guards Tank Corps (5/30/2019 10:38:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Yes, is that an issue?

Chris21wen -> RE: Guards Tank Corps (5/31/2019 6:52:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Yes, is that an issue?

Just tested it and yes, they must have at least one movement point. Not in the manual so I'll add it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02