Super rivers and retreat (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Icedawg -> Super rivers and retreat (5/13/2019 7:27:41 PM)

Do super rivers block retreat? I tried the search function in the manual, but didn't find anything. I would assume super rivers do block retreat (unless the retreating unit has ferry bridging teams attached), but I just wanted to be sure before I run the next round of combats.

btd64 -> RE: Super rivers and retreat (5/13/2019 8:48:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Do super rivers block retreat? I tried the search function in the manual, but didn't find anything. I would assume super rivers do block retreat (unless the retreating unit has ferry bridging teams attached), but I just wanted to be sure before I run the next round of combats.

Yes. Super rivers block retreat unless the unit has it's own bridging/ferry equipment.

Haven't seen you in the AE forum lately....GP

Icedawg -> RE: Super rivers and retreat (5/13/2019 11:34:52 PM)

Thanks for the help. It just would have been nice if the manual could have spelled that one out.

Yes, I have been away from the Matrix forums for awhile. I used to play a lot of WiTP AE, but my PBEM opponent passed away midway through the game, and I never really got back into it. Played a bunch of relatively mindless games for a bit (Civilization, Panzer Corps and Total War) before jumping into TOAW4. I got whiplash going from those games to this. Actually have to think and plan again. [:)]

btd64 -> RE: Super rivers and retreat (5/13/2019 11:48:07 PM)

I remember someone passing about a year ago. Was that him? What side do you typically play?....GP

Icedawg -> RE: Super rivers and retreat (5/14/2019 10:07:37 AM)

My opponent was Bill Greenman (Khyberbill). It was about 2 or 3 years ago that he passed away.

I usually play as Japan in WiTP AE.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02