unable to play restored games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support

Bitburger -> unable to play restored games (4/22/2019 4:38:32 PM)

I can start new games and my opponent can accept and play. If i save game and try restore the game, my opponent sees my invite in the forum, but when he accepts nothing happens. My forum message is "waiting for response from 1mardiv" We both exit forum and then start new games fine, just restored saves will not work. Attached a zipped save.

Centuur -> RE: unable to play restored games (4/22/2019 5:39:52 PM)

If this is netplay, than both players need to restore their own netplay gamesave.

Bitburger -> RE: unable to play restored games (4/22/2019 7:02:50 PM)

Ok great. Thanks so much!

davidachamberlain -> RE: unable to play restored games (4/22/2019 8:31:35 PM)

Both can also restore the same file. This might be the case with corruption or the games get out of sync - some moves might not be on the opponents file, as might be the case with a problematic undo.

Dave

Bitburger -> RE: unable to play restored games (4/23/2019 1:42:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidachamberlain

Both can also restore the same file. This might be the case with corruption or the games get out of sync - some moves might not be on the opponents file, as might be the case with a problematic undo.

Dave

We both loaded the same file from autosave general. Should we each be loading autosave allied, and autosave axis files instead? We had game freezes forcing restarts playing the restored game but not when playing the new game.

Centuur -> RE: unable to play restored games (4/23/2019 4:25:05 PM)

What's important when loading a netplay game is that both players load the same game. Every gamesave has a next entry # (which appears on the right side of the screen if you click on a gamesave before restoring it). If both gamesaves have the same number, both players can restore it and after logging into the netplay forum, the game gets started by one of you.

Every netplay autosave has NP as the first two tokens to mark it as a netplay gamesave (even the ones you name, get those two tokens put in front of the name).

Bitburger -> RE: unable to play restored games (4/23/2019 6:28:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

What's important when loading a netplay game is that both players load the same game. Every gamesave has a next entry # (which appears on the right side of the screen if you click on a gamesave before restoring it). If both gamesaves have the same number, both players can restore it and after logging into the netplay forum, the game gets started by one of you.

Every netplay autosave has NP as the first two tokens to mark it as a netplay gamesave (even the ones you name, get those two tokens put in front of the name).

Ok, same id #, thanks for clearing that up. Musta just been a bad internet day for us.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI