British history - BBC production (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

altipueri -> British history - BBC production (3/6/2019 8:00:02 AM)

For those like me who are new to this modern format:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUM89s4N2BQ

1066 etc. revisited

Warning - may be difficult for some :)

bazjak -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/7/2019 8:39:06 AM)

[You know the rules.]

Orm -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/7/2019 9:19:26 AM)

It wasn't just the Normans who invaded in 1066...

bazjak -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/7/2019 9:31:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I do know that King Harold was fighting you nasty people from your part of the world up the north of England before the Battle of Hastings
You naughty people you LOL

altipueri -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/7/2019 10:02:17 AM)

I thought Philomena Cunk pointed out that the vikings came over to visit the Jorvik Viking Centre in York?

:)

As for the Baywatch Tapestry

Orm -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/7/2019 2:27:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bazjak

quote:

I do know that King Harold was fighting you nasty people from your part of the world up the north of England before the Battle of Hastings

I was pretty sure that you knew that. Or rather entirely certain. I really should have added a winking smiley to my post.

Although I wasn't just referring to the 'northern army'. I was also referring to the Norman Army since it contained other nationalities than Normans. It contained troops from all over France. Large part of it was from Brittany, or Flanders.

Anyway. It all was just a silly attempt at a joke. [:)]

bazjak -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/7/2019 5:25:07 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was pretty sure that you knew that. Or rather entirely certain. I really should have added a winking smiley to my post.

Although I wasn't just referring to the 'northern army'. I was also referring to the Norman Army since it contained other nationalities than Normans. It contained troops from all over France. Large part of it was from Brittany, or Flanders.

Anyway. It all was just a silly attempt at a joke. [:)]

I know
I was as well

wodin -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/7/2019 11:43:57 PM)

Clever girl that Cunk😁
quote:

ORIGINAL: altipueri

I thought Philomena Cunk pointed out that the vikings came over to visit the Jorvik Viking Centre in York?

:)

As for the Baywatch Tapestry

IslandInland -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/8/2019 11:44:02 PM)

quote:

For those like me who are new to this modern format:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUM89s4N2BQ

1066 etc. revisited

Warning - may be difficult for some :)

A different take on the Arthurian legends. Not BBC but definitely British.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s35rVw1zskA

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/11/2019 3:27:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

[You know the rules.]

<pulls down on face>. You know the rules. You can abide by them, or not.

Cheers

Pip

bazjak -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/11/2019 3:55:50 PM)

I'm British. Hence I can read the English statement "No discussing politics on our forums.".

If you have difficulty reading or understanding the rule, I can get it translated. Otherwise I'll consider this the end of the discussion.

altipueri -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/11/2019 11:50:45 PM)

"War is the continuation of politics by other means" Clausewitz.

This whole site and its money making proposition is based on war, and re-visiting it, and mimicking it, and what-if-ing it.

I started this thread so like a dog returns to its vomit I've looked at the posts and I find it hard to see why anybody is taking offence at anything that has been posted.

My sensors need re-programming.

Ok I admit in the BBC mockumentary clip I linked to the presenter, Philomena Cunk, calling the "Bayeaux Tapestry" the "Baywatch Tapestry" could offend me because Ivo de Taillebois was one of my ancestors who came over with William the Conqueror. But I survived the insult. :)

And if I were an animal lover I could be offended by dinosaurs being described as of two sorts - as seen in archive footage - as "the across ones; and the up and down ones that ate the across ones."

Or was it that people don't like burning fossil fuels because they think it means they are burning dinosaurs?

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/12/2019 2:51:10 PM)

Nobody too offence to your post or the replies. A single poster attempted to inject politics into it. We disallow political discussion on the forums because it causes too much unpleasantness.

Cheers

Pip

bazjak -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/12/2019 5:14:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

Nobody too offence to your post or the replies. A single poster attempted to inject politics into it. We disallow political discussion on the forums because it causes too much unpleasantness.

Cheers

Pip

Its seems like its you that is doing the stirring
My remark was tongue in cheek

zakblood -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/12/2019 5:35:50 PM)

please respect admins wishes and comments or thread will be closed.

operating -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/13/2019 3:04:29 AM)

For some reason this thread brings Monty Python to mind. lol

IslandInland -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/14/2019 2:06:05 AM)

quote:

"War is the continuation of politics by other means" Clausewitz.

This whole site and its money making proposition is based on war, and re-visiting it, and mimicking it, and what-if-ing it.

I started this thread so like a dog returns to its vomit I've looked at the posts and I find it hard to see why anybody is taking offence at anything that has been posted.

My sensors need re-programming.

Ok I admit in the BBC mockumentary clip I linked to the presenter, Philomena Cunk, calling the "Bayeaux Tapestry" the "Baywatch Tapestry" could offend me because Ivo de Taillebois was one of my ancestors who came over with William the Conqueror. But I survived the insult. :)

And if I were an animal lover I could be offended by dinosaurs being described as of two sorts - as seen in archive footage - as "the across ones; and the up and down ones that ate the across ones."

Or was it that people don't like burning fossil fuels because they think it means they are burning dinosaurs?

I like the Cunk character. 'She' began on Charlie Brooker's shows and now has a show of 'her' own. I don't know if you have seen The Day Today which was made by the BBC in the 90s but if you like Cunk then you would probably like that also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTGE9153VFE

IslandInland -> RE: British history - BBC production (3/14/2019 2:07:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

For some reason this thread brings Monty Python to mind. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.539063E-02