Missions: setting up an indirect approach? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room

jason oates -> Missions: setting up an indirect approach? (2/9/2019 10:35:34 PM)

When a strike mission is set up it sends the mission on a straight line towards the target. Is there any way to edit that straight line and adopt an indirect approach?

Whicker -> RE: Missions: setting up an indirect approach? (2/9/2019 11:02:42 PM)

have you checked `allow off axis attack`?

OldSarge -> RE: Missions: setting up an indirect approach? (2/10/2019 2:15:14 PM)

You can also rearrange the waypoints generated for the mission and also insert additional waypoints as needed.

Moving waypoints is straightforward enough, highlight the waypoint you want to move and while holding the LMB drag it where you want it to be.

To insert a waypoint, locate a waypoint you want the new point to appear after. Highlight the WP and while pressing the CTRL button and holding the LMB drag the new point to where you'd like it.

By clicking the RMB you will see a dialog that allows you to adjust throttle and altitude for the flight to take at that point. So you can easily arrange missions that follow NOE until they need to popup for weapons release.

HTH

jason oates -> RE: Missions: setting up an indirect approach? (2/19/2019 9:58:13 PM)

Thanks for your help. As i get my ass kicked i get an insight into what is required to be fairly average at this game.

Gunner98 -> RE: Missions: setting up an indirect approach? (2/20/2019 12:18:29 AM)

One way, especially with large groups which tend to spread out in a long string is to set up a 'marshaling' mission:

Support mission, off access, set flight size assign your strikers.

Once you are ready (or believe that the AI is ready if you are building a scenario) switch the strikers form the marshaling mission to a strike mission. They are now off-axes and tightly grouped.

B

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI