Bug on FPG map (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support

KungPao -> Bug on FPG map (2/3/2019 3:23:21 AM)

I noticed that there is a bug on FPG_CG 1 map

If you put a unit at Hex 2011, he will have los on Hex 2113. However the one at 2113 do not have los at 2011

I noticed this problem in a PBEM++ game, 1 M1A1 at 2011 kept shooting at my T80U at 2113. My T80U just sit there and didn't fire back.

see the screenshot below

[image]local://upfiles/54176/74512BDADFA64CBB8D967CD5D9B25D62.jpg[/image]

CapnDarwin -> RE: Bug on FPG map (2/3/2019 1:08:20 PM)

KungPao, that is a known LOS bug based on how RS looks at LOS in certain situations. William has done work to fix it in the new Cold War game engine for Southern Storm. If I recall correctly, the LOS in new case is going thru the high ground in the middle, but in the other direction it is using the low ground and can see. Unfortunate set of circumstances for the red side in that one case.

WildCatNL -> RE: Bug on FPG map (2/3/2019 3:18:59 PM)

KungPao, we indeed are addressing this for Southern Storm.
In Red Storm, the line-of-sight between those two hexes runs along the seam of the hexes in-between, and it is ambiguous how to interpret the line-of-sight, and from which intermediate hexes to take into account visibility/concealment and elevation. Most of the times the results are fine, but there can be corner cases for which the results are surprising (like the above situation).
In Southern Storm, we test using two lines-of-sight, offset left and right of the center line/seam, so we are robust and predictable in these situations.
Sadly, since the above solution requires twice the compute power, and is part of a bigger rewrite of the line-of-sight code, it is not something that we can back-port to Red Storm.

William

KungPao -> RE: Bug on FPG map (2/4/2019 4:06:04 PM)

Thanks for the answer, too bad it won't be able to fix in Red Storm

CapnDarwin -> RE: Bug on FPG map (2/4/2019 4:15:47 PM)

Honestly, there is just no real free time for us to work RS code with everyone working on Southern Storm right now. We do plan on revisiting RS/GR content in the future to bring it up to the new Cold Wars engine standards,but that will be some time after Southern Storm's release.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02