Night Attacks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Icedawg -> Night Attacks (1/21/2019 7:07:12 PM)

Do night attacks have much lower chances of success than those performed during daylight? I'm asking because I am getting preliminary estimates in the attack planning window saying that losses will be very light and the attack has a high probability of success, but then my guys get cut to ribbons (40% losses) and the attack fails. This only happens at night. During daylight turns, I get the same estimates and the attacks are raging successes. During night turns, not-so-nice things happen.

(I tried searching "night" in the manual, but found nothing relevant.)

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Night Attacks (1/21/2019 8:10:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Do night attacks have much lower chances of success than those performed during daylight? I'm asking because I am getting preliminary estimates in the attack planning window saying that losses will be very light and the attack has a high probability of success, but then my guys get cut to ribbons (40% losses) and the attack fails. This only happens at night. During daylight turns, I get the same estimates and the attacks are raging successes. During night turns, not-so-nice things happen.

(I tried searching "night" in the manual, but found nothing relevant.)

Each side has a Force Night Combat Proficiency rating. So, one side can be better at night combat than the other, relative to their daylight combat ratings. But this should be reflected in their combat strengths on night turns. There are also equipment that are rated as "all weather". Such equipment works better at night than other equipment.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02