Barbarossa scenario (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Twisted1 -> Barbarossa scenario (1/14/2019 7:38:53 PM)

OK, now that I have a number of games of MWiF under my belt, I was wondering if people feel that the Barbarossa scenario is pro-USSR?

I love the scenario, and will continue to play it, but I am getting the impression that it is pro-USSR.

What do you think?

michaelbaldur -> RE: Barbarossa scenario (1/14/2019 8:01:39 PM)

did you know, that Barbarossa is the first thing to get AI.

so it will be a good test

Orm -> RE: Barbarossa scenario (1/14/2019 8:11:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twisted1

OK, now that I have a number of games of MWiF under my belt, I was wondering if people feel that the Barbarossa scenario is pro-USSR?

I love the scenario, and will continue to play it, but I am getting the impression that it is pro-USSR.

What do you think?

My feeling is that it is pro-Germany.

Or perhaps I just find it easier to play Germany in this scenario.

michaelbaldur -> RE: Barbarossa scenario (1/14/2019 10:29:44 PM)

it depends on luck

if you get the right attack rolls, weather rolls and enemy mistakes.

I seen a German player starting Barbarossa. and the best weather roll i 3 years was rain. lets just said, he did not reach Stalingrad

paulderynck -> RE: Barbarossa scenario (1/15/2019 3:38:47 AM)

IMO it can swing heavily on the weather rolls but with average weather rolls, and equal player experience, the USSR is favored.

Neilster -> RE: Barbarossa scenario (1/15/2019 7:57:58 AM)

Historically, the Red Army was handled incompetently. It would be difficult to do worse than Stalin's (and subordinates') combination of muddled counterattacks and "not one step back" directives which, along with operational and tactical deficiencies, led to enormous losses and huge German territorial gains.

Cheers, Neilster

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI