Compatibility (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series

canuckgamer -> Compatibility (1/2/2019 7:20:07 PM)

I bought SOW Gettysburg from NorbSoft years ago and have it installed on a computer running Windows 7. I bought a new computer running Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and am thinking of buying Antietam and then installing Gettysburg and Antietam on my new computer. If I understand correctly, if I installed it on my new computer I would have to run Gettysburg and Antietam in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Gettysburg works fine on my Windows 7 computer so it appears there would be less hassle if I just installed Antietam on that computer rather than moving both to my new one. Thanks.

zakblood -> RE: Compatibility (1/2/2019 7:35:51 PM)

here my results on a clean install of windows 10

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4099339

it's your call on which you use it on, my opinion is if the hardware is better on the newest pc, then use that, as more upto drivers and a better and faster O/S with quicker hardware will make the game run smoother than on a older pc. the changes needed to do, are minor and so far 99% of all games work in windows 10, which while i'm maybe biased etc, is so far the best and most supported gaming platform ever made by Microsoft

canuckgamer -> RE: Compatibility (1/2/2019 7:47:45 PM)

Thank you for the prompt reply. Gettysburg runs fine on my Win 7 pc. After looking at the link you provided, the easiest method for me seems to be installing Antietam on my Win 7 pc.

canuckgamer -> RE: Compatibility (1/2/2019 7:51:22 PM)

Sorry, one more question. Down the road I could if I wanted, uninstall Gettysburg and Antietam from my Win 7 pc and install it on my Win 10 pc. Would I have uninstall it first or could I wait until after I have it installed on my Win 10 pc?

zakblood -> RE: Compatibility (1/3/2019 5:30:39 AM)

there is no issue with doing the later

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.904297E-02