RE: John Lee's 'great war' Entente vs MP9090 as Central Powers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports

Cfant -> RE: John Lee's 'great war' Entente vs MP9090 as Central Powers (7/1/2019 12:40:30 PM)

Could you show supply in Galicia? If you see no chance to take kattowitz I'd think about a retreat to shorten the line. How much reserves in manpower has Russia?

gwgardner -> RE: John Lee's 'great war' Entente vs MP9090 as Central Powers (7/1/2019 1:39:48 PM)

Russian supply is good, with rail lines. I don't know about the Austrian supply.

I was playing last night, and did a 'close' and a 'save and close' as I've done many times, to save my progress, and the game quit. I then got an email from Slitherine saying the game was over.

I had not made any attacks that turn, was still making initial moves. I can only think that

1) PBEM++ made an error;
2) TOAW made an error;
3) I had some casualties while withdrawing a unit from the front line, perhaps that caused a game end due to a casualties threshhold;
or
4) operator error.

The scenario has a lot of potential if someone cares to upgrade it, especially with separate replacement pools for each country.

Cfant -> RE: John Lee's 'great war' Entente vs MP9090 as Central Powers (7/1/2019 2:31:28 PM)

I wouldn't play Pbem++ ever again. If it fails, the game is lost. And it fails from time to time. Very sad to hear that, would have been very interesting to see who gets the upper hand. Seemed to be in the balance at the moment...

gwgardner -> RE: John Lee's 'great war' Entente vs MP9090 as Central Powers (7/1/2019 3:24:37 PM)

It's my first bad experience with PBEM++, so I suspect it's a TOAW problem.

Cfant -> RE: John Lee's 'great war' Entente vs MP9090 as Central Powers (7/2/2019 6:29:24 AM)

I only have used Pbem++ with TOAW, so you absolutely may be right [:)]

Thanks for the AAR!

larryfulkerson -> RE: John Lee's 'great war' Entente vs MP9090 as Central Powers (7/2/2019 2:50:15 PM)

quote:

I wouldn't play Pbem++ ever again.

+1

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02