How to scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

jjdenver -> How to scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect (12/1/2018 1:12:25 PM)

If Axis have taken all ports in France and Corsica it would be nice to be able to scuttle some French BB's to avoid the negative Vichy effect of not having them in ports. WIFCE rules fix this by specifying that this effect only happens if France still has an existing port to put the BB's in (nice change). Anyway in MWIF is there a way to destroy some of your own ships?

Thanks

paulderynck -> RE: How to scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect (12/1/2018 8:13:23 PM)

MWiF is RAW7 wherein this is a viable tactic and the usual antidote would be to surrender France before Vichyfication since the axis getting all the ports without already having half or more of the factories is really an odd case.

gw15 -> RE: How to scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect (12/27/2018 3:42:06 PM)

gosh, there are so many tactics in MWIF(WIF) that I never realized or thought about. No wonder I'm a terrible player.

Centuur -> RE: How to scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect (12/27/2018 4:47:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

If Axis have taken all ports in France and Corsica it would be nice to be able to scuttle some French BB's to avoid the negative Vichy effect of not having them in ports. WIFCE rules fix this by specifying that this effect only happens if France still has an existing port to put the BB's in (nice change). Anyway in MWIF is there a way to destroy some of your own ships?

Thanks

I don't think it is possible in MWIF to destroy ships voluntarily. If there is a French controlled port available (or a CW port) to which they can rebase, you have to do so...

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: How to scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect (12/27/2018 7:13:54 PM)

Can't you just have France send individual ships out to engage the enemy in quasi suicidal attacks?

I guess there have to be Axis units at sea.[8|]

Joseignacio -> RE: How to scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect (12/28/2018 7:37:57 AM)

I use to crave for battle with the French Fleet, but it's not too easy because:

1- Sometimes Italy is not at war with France
2- You need some combined (or navals) and it's not easy when you have GE at the gates

Centuur -> RE: How to scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect (12/28/2018 11:42:01 AM)

I've spend time looking in RAW7 and I can't find that it is allowed to destroy your own units if there is no reason stated in the rules to do so.

So the answer is that you can't scuttle French BB's to avoid Vichy effect...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02