What does Russia do in a sitzkrieg? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

alexvand -> What does Russia do in a sitzkrieg? (11/30/2018 6:25:00 PM)

So, in my current game it looks like the Germans are not going to attack in 42 after all. It looked like they were sealing the med and going for a 42 attack, but they aren't in position to do so. They've still got lots of troops tied up in Greece, Morocco, and headed to the Suez.

What does Russia do in this case?

Some of the rest of the world situation: It's M/A 1942

Russia lost an early war with Japan. (I houserule the forced peace treaty when Vlad falls since this isn't coded yet.)
Russia took Persia some time ago.
Russia is not at war and dares not declare war on Italy to get active because US entry is such a mess.
Japan has attacked CW and France but not USA. (USA is struggling with terrible Tension levels. They don't even have enough tension to pass war appropriations and they keep failing on tension rolls. US entry is through the roof but they can't declare war!) US production is terrible and they don't even have enough pilots to fill their carriers. It will take turns before the US is a factor at all.
Japan is struggling to capture the necessary major ports due to bad weather and early turn rolls. They'll likely take Singapore this turn, but haven't secured Rabaul. They are raiding far into the Indian Ocean and have secured multiple minor ports in that area and are moving lots of LBA into those sea zones to threaten Suez.
CW is doing ok vs the axis, but the Japanese have just cut supply lines to the Suez turning the 40 BP plus of troops there into nothing but targets. Fortunately the Axis are struggling to get troops into position, but that won't last long.
Germans and Italians are currently invading Greece and moving some troops down Morocco towards Senegal (The Conquered French home country.) Lots of German surface fleet units operating in the Atlantic with lots of subs. So far the convoys to UK are holding. But losses are climbing.

What are the best things for Russia to do?

paulderynck -> RE: What does Russia do in a sitzkrieg? (11/30/2018 7:31:10 PM)

Build all your red AT and AA and DoW Germany the turn they arrive unless weather is Storm. Maybe even DoW Germany before that if you are well built, have the O-Chit and the turn can be long. The USA will lose Entry, not Tension, so it won't impact them much, short of fabulous bad luck on the chit removals. There are even places on the It's War chart where lower entry is better, given low tension, but in your shoes I would not attempt a US DoW with less than a 70% chance because a miss removes both Entry and Tension.

Edit: Of course if Germany is holding garrison, then you'll need to start working on converting to offense but be careful Germany can't DoW you in MJ42 or JA42 when you may not yet be ready.

alexvand -> RE: What does Russia do in a sitzkrieg? (11/30/2018 9:40:00 PM)

I'm not going to be able to DOW easily. Since I'm not active my troops are slow to get into position. I've got them behind the Dnepr river etc... right now. And as I move forward I'll be exposed to the Germans DOW when I'm in a bad position. I really want to DOW Italy first to get active and then move up.

Orm -> RE: What does Russia do in a sitzkrieg? (12/1/2018 12:05:23 AM)

1) Move up to Germany as fast as you can. Let Germany DOW while you do so if they want. They are not in a position either. Change all pact markers to offence as soon as possible. (Although the units should, at first, be put in defensive positions as they arrive closer to the border. Begin the transfer to the front with sacrificial units)
2) Put garrison troops against Japan so that USSR can break the pact with Japan and attack. Or at least force Japan to put units into their garrison rating.
3) Put enough US ships in Pearl Harbour so that you can modify the Japanese tension rolls. And pass option 26 if you haven't already.
4) Get USA into the naval war. Pass option 50 as soon as possible. The US fleet should definitely begin fighting the German, and Italian navy, in the Atlantic.
5) Make sure that Iraq can not align with Axis. DOW and conquer Iraq with USSR before this become a possibility.
6) Demand the borderlands to reduce resources to Germany if that is still an option. Just make sure that if there is a war, that it can not be ended.

Centuur -> RE: What does Russia do in a sitzkrieg? (12/1/2018 9:32:03 PM)

If you need to reduce US entry, it's a good idea to DoW Italy by the USSR...

ACMW -> RE: What does Russia do in a sitzkrieg? (12/4/2018 5:01:19 PM)

Surely time for Italy to DoW Russia!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.904297E-02