Newb ???: How do I create a formation? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report

c3k -> Newb ???: How do I create a formation? (11/27/2018 7:24:41 PM)

Folks,

I don't want to spam the tech support or main forum with newb questions, so I thought I'd put this one here.

I'm a newb. Great game, steep UI curve.

I started the Tutorial, "History of Air to Air Combat". Great intro to the mechanics. Thanks.

As blue, I start with 2 P-38 Lightnings and 4 Spitfires on the ground. I shift-clicked both P-38s and launched them. Then, I did the same with all 4 Spitfires.

Enroute to their meeting the Me-109s which they were going to fight, I decided a single group of 4 Spitfires was a bit cumbersome. I "ungrouped them."

Having ungrouped them, I then wanted to pair 1 with 2 and 3 with 4, having a flight of 2 two-ship elements.

I cannot figure out how to do so.

How do I join separate aircraft into a formation?

Thanks,
Ken

ultradave -> RE: Newb ???: How do I create a formation? (11/27/2018 11:49:38 PM)

Tow ways:

Select all the ones you want to group (Shift click on each one), then right click and select Group Operations from the menu and then Group Selected Units, . Done!

or

Select the units by Shift clicking, then press "G" to group them.

c3k -> RE: Newb ???: How do I create a formation? (11/28/2018 12:24:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

Tow ways:

Select all the ones you want to group (Shift click on each one), then right click and select Group Operations from the menu and then Group Selected Units, . Done!

or

Select the units by Shift clicking, then press "G" to group them.

Yeah, I did try that...and it didn't work.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.246094E-02