Where to save a modified scenario file? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios

mussey -> Where to save a modified scenario file? (11/24/2018 2:00:09 PM)

Unless I missed it in the manual or threads, I'm uncertain where to save a modified ".sce" file of an existing scenario.

As a recent test, I altered a few unit set-up locations for an existing scenario, but it would not allow me to save it (protected?). My hunch is that I should save it to the My Documents/My Games/TAOW/to that specific scenario, thus overwriting the original .sce file. Is this right?

larryfulkerson -> RE: Where to save a modified scenario file? (11/24/2018 2:27:48 PM)

I would be afraid to overwrite the original myself. I'm not on STEAM and don't know
how or where to save your files but there must be a place.

r6kunz -> RE: Where to save a modified scenario file? (11/25/2018 2:34:10 AM)

You can make a folder, (i.e. "My Games" in My Document/My Games/TOAW/Scenario?) and save to that. And leave the original untouched.
cheers
RAK

mussey -> RE: Where to save a modified scenario file? (11/27/2018 12:38:41 PM)

I figured this out. I would save it to the respective Scenario folder within the Documents/My Games/etc section. I was getting the various file sections of Program Files, and Program Files (x86) mixed up. I'm assuming that most, if not all new or modified scenarios are saved here...

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Where to save a modified scenario file? (11/27/2018 3:31:23 PM)

It's kind of explained in Post #1 here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4381180

and I think there was further explanation somewhere but I can't find it right now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02