Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Kielec -> Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (9/25/2018 8:04:32 PM)

The manual says (7.5.3.1) that three Soviet Rifle Brigades may be combined (built-up?) into a Rifle Division as of turn 1. Well, I'm turn 15 and it still doesn't seem to work. All three brigades are in the same Army, have plenty MPs (manual says "zero MP - no good"), all three are Rifle Brigades (not Naval). I'm trying to merge them by clicking the whatever split/combine button up top. No joy.
What gives? Am I missing anything?

STEF78 -> RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (9/25/2018 8:16:32 PM)

You cannot do it before may 1942 since 1.08.09

Denniss -> RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (9/25/2018 9:01:06 PM)

see the addition in red color below 7.5.3.1, change already made in 1.03 Beta 2 according to this

Kielec -> RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (9/26/2018 9:39:12 PM)

Thanks!

Kielec -> RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (9/26/2018 9:43:22 PM)

So the only "build-up" before May 1942 (when one can create Soviet Rifle divisions out of Brigades, now also Naval, I reckon) is the Soviet Cavalry Corps which kicks in in December 1941, that correct?

Stelteck -> RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (9/27/2018 7:12:42 AM)

Yes soviet cavalry, then tank corps, then rifle corps.

Carefull, it is not sūre that the early built up from brigade to division worth it. Sometimes, it is very interesting to have cheap expandable units for delaying actions. Brigades are best for that.

Kielec -> RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (9/27/2018 5:09:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Carefull, it is not sūre that the early built up from brigade to division worth it. Sometimes, it is very interesting to have cheap expandable units for delaying actions. Brigades are best for that.

Thanks, Stelteck.
Precisely my sentiment. Also, a bunch of brigades can provide for much missing flexibility that the Germans have with their regimental split, and the Soviets lack. And when you look into the TOE, even a 41c Rifle Division has a full compliment of only 11430 men, while a 41 Rifle Brigade has 4250 men in it... The Divisional TOE (in men terms) sinks down to 9000 by 43, while the brigades go up to 5k+. I haven't bothered to grind through weapons, but something tells me most of the heavier kick comes from the SU anyway, so why bother. The devil may be hidden in that detail, though.

Stelteck -> RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question (9/27/2018 5:30:50 PM)

Also, when you will create rifle corps, it is cheaper to mixt 2 divisions and one brigades than 3 divisions.

So keep your brigades. (And built tons more).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02