RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)

BPINisBACK -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/3/2018 7:37:26 AM)

Hi,
As my game with ktonos (Allied) is running slowly i am up for a second game.
Anyone wants to play?

Bolko -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/3/2018 8:28:08 PM)

Cancel the last post. My struggle with Sugar continues.

LLv34Mika -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/4/2018 3:02:07 PM)

Game running vs Fenndon (I'm playing allies)

Dmondragon75 -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/7/2018 9:27:16 AM)

After getting to know some game mechanics I d like to play first tournament game ( as a kommie), who wants to take my virginity?

Fafnir -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/8/2018 12:47:59 PM)

I want to challange Sugar as Axis.
Game already set up.
- challage accepted
- game running

BPINisBACK -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/8/2018 12:56:17 PM)

Quick update on my game againts Ktonos.
A very interesting game, as usual.
Its September, 41. Soviets readiness is 70%.
The most of the losses you will see in the chart was done in a huge aeronaval battle at the East of Tunnis.
From Sicily, turn after turn, Luftwaffe kills planes, corps, armies or ships (lot of ships) in his attempt of support the small german forces landed in Tunis to conquer the Capital. WA killed (naval bombing) three planes since the beggining of his large operation (almost a year).
British losses are quite large, soviet readiness has been very low (16%) until the begginin of 1941.
German subs has been raiding furiously the convoy lines with allied losses from 40 to 70mpp.
It's quite late for Barbarrossa... but, maybe the WA are too weak to be a threat for a long way (US is over 50% i think)?
Spain is 70% pro axis. Finland is 30% pro allied!!!
On the other hand, German army could be "small" but... they have been resting for so many months... Interesting.
1942 will be very exciting.
Will the Germans able to (at last) conquer France (Algeria) and lauch a strong enough offensive on Russia?

[image]local://upfiles/55317/6322A91C82BF44E6B0D2365A936FBAC4.jpg[/image]

BPINisBACK -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/9/2018 2:36:52 PM)

Game started againts guggy (Axis).
Go, go, go! :)

Bolko -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/9/2018 7:50:00 PM)

I accept your challenge Dmondragon75. Set it up and let me know the password. I'd rather play without buying diplo chits against the major powers.

Edit:

Game is set up under Bolkonsky - see PM from Bolko for password.

Dmondragon75: Allies
Bolko: Axis
House Rule: No Uber-Diplo vs Major Countries.

Bolko -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/9/2018 7:53:04 PM)

Challenge to BPINisBack withdrawn, I'm stacked up now

Bolko -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/9/2018 7:57:41 PM)

I hereby concede my game against Sugar. And ... [&o] Thank you Sugar. I learned a lot.

It's really death by a thousand cuts, over half of which were administered by myself. But Sugar doesn't let anything pass and he knows exactly how to exploit everything. I have a long list of mistakes that I am working to correct.

Fafnir -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/9/2018 8:19:22 PM)

new game started
Hberg (Allies) vs Fafnir (Axis)

Jeff_Ahl -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/10/2018 8:15:59 PM)

Hi. Quite new to this game, but I getting a grip on it. Is it to late to jump onboard this tournament? Any one up for a game? I have played the Axis mostly.

LLv34Mika -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/11/2018 3:17:38 PM)

never too late... open to join at any time
still have two games running but one should end in a few days... if you did not find an opponent until then we can start a game.

Welcome btw... and feel free to read everything you can find in this forum. Many threads reveal some secrets of this game that you only realize when someone is about breaking your neck ;) reading here is learning the less painful way

good luck
Mika

Jeff_Ahl -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/11/2018 6:52:15 PM)

I have read alot on forums and looked at Youtube and tried it out in the game. I hope that I have learned the most of it, but I'll probably hit some mines along the road! :) It is a complex game but really addicting, love the game. I have grown tired on "strategy" games where logistics are simplified or almost ignored. I have a game going on, but it is not especially active. PM me when u are ready and we'll see.

Good luck to you too with your game.

Dmondragon75 -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/11/2018 7:42:38 PM)

Its most addicting game ever played by me. Stopped playing it year ago for the sake of my sanity but still couldnt resist to play it again.
If I continue for few more months I ll go mental...

nnason -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/13/2018 11:18:51 AM)

All,
I am on travel for a week so will update the ELO standings when I get back.

Fafnir won in August 41 as Axis against me. His strategy was devastating combined with one major mistake on my part. I'll let him disclose his strategy as he might want to use it again.

I have started an ELO game with me as the Allies against Javichu.

Jeff_Ahl -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/13/2018 1:42:55 PM)

Me and Dmondragon75 has started a game as well.

PJL1973 -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/14/2018 1:56:43 PM)

I'm willing to start another game in this tournament, thought I'm still going to play as Allies. Who is available at the moment?

Edit - opponent already found. Will be playing the Allies against Rannug's Axis.

Rannug61 -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/14/2018 4:26:37 PM)

New game Rannug(Axis) vs PJL1973(Allies)

Ops, I didn't notice that PJL1973 already announced it...

LLv34Mika -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/14/2018 6:45:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff_Ahl

Me and Dmondragon75 has started a game as well.

who plays axis? who allies?

Jeff_Ahl -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/15/2018 5:49:24 AM)

I am Axis and Dmondragon75 is Allies.

Dmondragon75 -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/15/2018 1:46:27 PM)

Another game : Bolko (axis) vs Dmondragon

Ktonos -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/16/2018 11:18:49 PM)

Tourney match ended

HamburgerMeat (Allies) vs Ktonos (Axis), Axis victory April 1942

Markiss -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/17/2018 4:24:49 PM)

New game Markiss (Axis) vs Jeff_Ahl (Allies)

Bolko -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/18/2018 2:02:44 AM)

Tourney Match Ended

Bolko (Axis) vs MrLongLeg (Allies) Allies were the victor in Feb 43

I threw in the towel as I was never able to build up enough steam. I tried a later start in Russia and encountered all the hazards of such a gambit. Not enough Soviet troops were captured on turn one. The Russian mobilization level was much higher than usual for me, as I recall- I still don't quite understand the effect this has on Russian prep. Further, I didn't try to capture enough moral objectives early on and by the time I was going to really get going in 42 I suddenly realized I was faced with a reversed moral differential.

There were other troubles as well.

MrLongleg -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/18/2018 2:07:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bolko

Tourney Match Ended

Bolko (Axis) vs MrLongLeg (Allies) Allies were the victor in Feb 43

I threw in the towel as I was never able to build up enough steam. I tried a later start in Russia and encountered all the hazards of such a gambit. Not enough Soviet troops were captured on turn one. The Russian mobilization level was much higher than usual for me, as I recall- I still don't quite understand the effect this has on Russian prep. Further, I didn't try to capture enough moral objectives early on and by the time I was going to really get going in 42 I suddenly realized I was faced with a reversed moral differential.

There were other troubles as well.

Thanks for a fun game, Bolko

Ktonos -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/18/2018 12:38:19 PM)

I am open for a couple of new tourney games, preferably one as axis and one as allies

Rannug61 -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/19/2018 9:23:51 PM)

Rannug(axis) wins over PJL1973(allies)

PJL1973 lost a lot of UK units when France surrendered because they where in Vichy territory. A very brutal way out find how the game works in regards to the creation of Vichy France. Had Vichy not been put in place he would have been in a very good position but most Axis players choose to go for Vichy.

PJL1973 -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/19/2018 11:25:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rannug61

Rannug(axis) wins over PJL1973(allies)

PJL1973 lost a lot of UK units when France surrendered because they where in Vichy territory. A very brutal way out find how the game works in regards to the creation of Vichy France. Had Vichy not been put in place he would have been in a very good position but most Axis players choose to go for Vichy.

Actually I don't want this to be put on the match records. Indeed I haven't officially quit the game yet. This is not me being a sore loser, but rather a very nasty oversight / misunderstanding of the rules.

Bolko -> RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney (10/20/2018 1:30:54 AM)

Well, my ass was handed to me again!

I just resigned in my game with Irish Guards.

Bolko (Axis) Irish Guards (Allies) Axis resign around Jan 1941.

I'm starting to learn what mistakes not to make. Who knows how many new types of friction will be taught to me.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI