how to influence PO aggressiveness (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

gwgardner -> how to influence PO aggressiveness (4/1/2018 8:22:27 PM)

In my current game of Invasion Amerika, I have noted that the AI seemed less aggressive than it could be, based upon its strength.

For instance, it has very strong forces adjacent to Baltimore, but has not attacked.

About turn 20 I took control of the AXIS side at the beginning of the turn, and saw that most of the AXIS units are set to minimize losses. So I set then to ignore losses.

After turning things back over to the PO, it proceeded to attack towards Baltimore, and elsewhere that I had changed it's stance to ignore losses.

My questions are: what is/are the governing factors to determine the AI/PO aggressiveness? Was changing the stance of the PO units the best way to increase its aggressiveness?

sPzAbt653 -> RE: how to influence PO aggressiveness (4/2/2018 6:05:49 AM)

I would think that Strategic Bias, Orders Emphasis, and Formation Orders would be the main influences. All can be set in the Editor.

gwgardner -> RE: how to influence PO aggressiveness (4/2/2018 2:08:40 PM)

I suppose those parameters could only be set prior to starting a game, as opposed to editing the save file?

[later] Just tried opening a save file in the editor, no go. So next time I start a scenario I'll check out those parameters. thanks.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: how to influence PO aggressiveness (4/2/2018 2:43:33 PM)

You can't edit a save file, but you can save one as a .sce file and then open in it the editor. This is only for testing purposes and does come in handy for certain situations.

I think another way of doing something similar in-game is to start Hotseat but tell the PO to run one side. That way you can monitor closely what is going on and make adjustments to watch the immediate effects.

hingram -> RE: how to influence PO aggressiveness (4/3/2018 7:51:19 PM)

Are you saying you can open it but not change anything?

sPzAbt653 -> RE: how to influence PO aggressiveness (4/3/2018 9:26:24 PM)

Let me put it another way for you - you can't edit a .sal file, but you can save a .sal as a .sce and edit that.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI