Question about the Pontoon Ferry. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Tech Support

vsanti -> Question about the Pontoon Ferry. (2/1/2018 10:17:52 PM)

Need help about the pontoon ferry in the "Off to Giddi" (6 October 1793) scenario. I can not figure out how this unit works. Can anyone explain to me how to position this unit so others can run through the other side of the Suez channel.

Thank you.

Crossroads -> RE: Question about the Pontoon Ferry. (2/2/2018 4:37:36 AM)

You can load / unload from Pontoo Ferry on Shallow Water, or in Giddi case, fro Marsh hexes. Once loaded, they can cross the Canal, to unload at otherside on a Marsh hex. Is this what you were asking?

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Question about the Pontoon Ferry. (2/3/2018 2:02:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

You can load / unload from Pontoo Ferry on Shallow Water, or in Giddi case, fro Marsh hexes. Once loaded, they can cross the Canal, to unload at otherside on a Marsh hex. Is this what you were asking?

I think vsanti means the following:

Klink, Oberst

EDIT: I think I found the mistake on my behalf - Engineer Trucks are required.

[image]local://upfiles/28259/C5E665E402F54BF2A61CA739D870BC14.jpg[/image]

Crossroads -> RE: Question about the Pontoon Ferry. (2/3/2018 2:50:36 PM)

Hello Herr K,

There's a bug on how this works at the moment, unfortunately. AI was found abusing the load features by doing some, let us say imaginative things, so that was fixed, but as a side effect the Boat/Ferry load to Engineering Trucks was broken.

When it is all working as supposed again, you should have these two options:

Engineering Trucks to Ferries

• A Pontoon Ferry at a Shallow Water hex, you can drive the Engineering Truck there, and load it onto Ferry for crossing.
  • Ferry already carries all other types of vehicles

Ferries to Engineering Trucks

Here the process is as follows:

• Engineer Platoon loads into Ferry (or Crewed Boat) to mimic the loading procedure.
  • Ferry (or Crewed Boat), having the Engineers loaded in, Loads onto Ferry, Ferry ends on Engineering Truck, Engineer Platoon end up unloaded in the same hex.

So you can load vehicles to Ferries without Engineers, but you cannot load Ferries to their transports without the manpower, that's what the process depicts.

It is broken at the moment, to be fixed on a future UPDATE, maybe already 2.01.

• Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
    1.953125E-02