FITE 2 Advice (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room

cantona2 -> FITE 2 Advice (1/26/2018 8:41:08 AM)

I need some adivce please.

It is the start of turn 8 and I have a couple of theater options. One is to disband the 1941 mechanised formations and the other is to centralise the artillery. Can some one shed some light on the effects of each please?

btd64 -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (1/26/2018 10:01:47 AM)

You may want to read the document that comes with the scenario....GP

cantona2 -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (1/26/2018 3:52:10 PM)

I have and the TO's refer to changes in the OOB; I cannot find anything referring to the OOB anywhere in the documentation

loveman2 -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (1/26/2018 4:25:55 PM)

To be honest I cant remember what the effects were right away I think I did both these options and the mechanised forces I think disappear but cannot be certain. One thing I am certain of is that by 1943 you will have a plethora of mechanised units and artillery by the ton.

cantona2 -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (1/26/2018 4:41:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: loveman1

To be honest I cant remember what the effects were right away I think I did both these options and the mechanised forces I think disappear but cannot be certain. One thing I am certain of is that by 1943 you will have a plethora of mechanised units and artillery by the ton.

I need to survive until 1943!

btd64 -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (1/26/2018 6:08:21 PM)

In the file theirs a document called FITE2 short briefing. In that document there is a description of all of the theater options. This description starts about three or four pages in....GP

cantona2 -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (1/26/2018 6:48:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

In the file theirs a document called FITE2 short briefing. In that document there is a description of all of the theater options. This description starts about three or four pages in....GP

Yes it does but it makes reference to the OOB and to check there as to which units withdraw when the respective TO is activated. Cannot find that OOB anywhere.

TPOO -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (1/26/2018 8:28:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

quote:

Yes it does but it makes reference to the OOB and to check there as to which units withdraw when the respective TO is activated. Cannot find that OOB anywhere.

All of the units in the Mechanized Corps (About 28 of them) will withdraw and will be replaced by 19 Rifle Divisions, 28 Tank Brigades, 7 recon units, 1 Cav. Div, 1 Heavy Tank Div. and 1 Tank Div. and 1 Guards motor div. They will appear at various locations on the map. Do you need a list of the exact units?

cantona2 -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (1/27/2018 7:22:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPOO

quote:

quote:

All of the units in the Mechanized Corps (About 28 of them) will withdraw and will be replaced by 19 Rifle Divisions, 28 Tank Brigades, 7 recon units, 1 Cav. Div, 1 Heavy Tank Div. and 1 Tank Div. and 1 Guards motor div. They will appear at various locations on the map. Do you need a list of the exact units?

Yes please and thanks. Is the TO only available during turn 8?

Waltz -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (3/2/2018 1:58:58 PM)

Did you ever get this information?

cantona2 -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (3/3/2018 1:45:40 PM)

no

Lobster -> RE: FITE 2 Advice (3/4/2018 4:01:03 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPOO

quote:

quote:

Yes please and thanks. Is the TO only available during turn 8?

The TO lasts until turn 405. In my opinion you should hang on to them until you feel things have stabilized enough for them to go away. Mainly because their replacements could be all over the map and I don't see anything that says you'll lose anything if any of the Mech Corps are eliminated before you choose to disband them. Maybe you could even lose them all and still activate the TO and get all those other units. I don't know.

What will be disbanded are all of the Tank and Mech divisions. And yes, it does say see the OOB for details. Same with the corps artillery reform. Someone needs to add a list of the units that are added in the document if this TO is activated because looking at the OOB does not tell you as far as I can see.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02