Also seeking a teaching opponent (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Opponents Wanted

Rondor11 -> Also seeking a teaching opponent (11/15/2017 11:21:17 PM)

I have had the game for a while but just never delved deep enough. I would love to learn this monster and at least become competent. I was once fairly decent at ASL so hopefully this game wont bring me to my knees.

I am located in Los Angeles

If anyone is interested in playing against and teaching me the game I would be much obliged.

Thanks!

Jaimainsoyyo -> RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent (11/16/2017 10:33:01 AM)

Send me a PM .

jjdenver -> RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent (11/16/2017 4:06:16 PM)

I think a multiplayer game is good for teaching since you get a team-mate to advise you and bounce questions at. If you guys decide to start up a 4 player game pls let me know as I'd be interested. I think someone else on here was LF a teaching game also.

Jaimainsoyyo -> RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent (11/16/2017 9:57:21 PM)

Good idea John, but then we would need another player , any proposal about that?

Rondor11 -> RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent (11/17/2017 11:56:44 AM)

4 would be great if we can find another.

lomyrin -> RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent (11/17/2017 7:23:08 PM)

I can play, but only via emails, not live.

I am experienced for many years and now located in Menifee SoCal

jjdenver -> RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent (11/21/2017 11:58:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rondor39
I would love to learn this monster and at least become competent. I was once fairly decent at ASL so hopefully this game wont bring me to my knees.

imo it's less complex than ASL. Anyone can learn it if they've played some other wargames already, and having MWIF enforce rules makes it a lot easier to learn.

Dabrion -> RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent (11/21/2017 7:05:59 PM)

It is complexity on different scales though. ASL being a tactical level game and WiF being a grand strategy game, they have different focus.
In ASL you have a scenario and you optimise given set of assets vs the scenario objective for your side, information overload in the mechanics and on the counters. It is rather one dimensional on the strategic level.
In WiF you have a spectrum of strategic options and an economic component, but tactical combat is rather one dimensional.

Learning with MWiF is only advised if you want to stay with MWiF. You are playing a different game in the end.

PeteGarnett -> RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent (12/30/2017 5:40:56 PM)

Did you find a 4th player?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI