Prepared attack (+25%) - 1st strike only? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

OxfordGuy3 -> Prepared attack (+25%) - 1st strike only? (10/9/2017 8:20:05 PM)

Hi - I read in the manual it says "A Prepared Attack occurs when a land unit attacks without moving first. The attacking unit receives a 25% readiness bonus in the combat calculations. If a unit can launch 2 or more Strikes, it will only benefit from the Prepared Attack bonus with its first attack.", however I did some experiments in hotseat play and a tanK I was attacking with seemed to get the +25% bonus for *both* it's strikes, even though I was attacking the same unit. Is this a bug or is the manual wrong? If it's a bug, should I still get a 1st strike bonus if I attack a second adjacent unit with my 2nd strike? Thanks

Hubert Cater -> RE: Prepared attack (+25%) - 1st strike only? (10/10/2017 1:50:00 PM)

This looks like it might be a bug in the code, but since it has been this way from the start I'm inclined to leave it this way for now. I'll coordinate with Bill and we'll have to decide if it is a matter of updating the Manual or amending the code.

OxfordGuy3 -> RE: Prepared attack (+25%) - 1st strike only? (10/10/2017 6:19:50 PM)

Okay, thanks. Seems to work out okay as is!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.296875E-02