Using the scenario editor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Interlocutor -> Using the scenario editor (9/29/2017 4:20:10 PM)

I hope someone is still playing this game...

I want to use the scenario editor to create a custom scenario, but I can find very little "step by step" instruction on how to do this.

Specifically, I am trying to add more leaders to my scenario. I have created new "leader art" 24-color bitmap files in the "Graphics/Counters" folder, of appropriate size and using the existing naming conventions (e.g., Victor is "fraldrpicvic.bmp"). But when I try to add Victor as a French leader in the editor, I get an "access violation" error.

If there's anyone out there who knows how to do this, and is willing to give step-by-step instructions as to the proper method, I would greatly appreciate it.

pzgndr -> RE: Using the scenario editor (9/29/2017 6:21:02 PM)

Yeah, this is still a problem and the game editor could use an overhaul. Even editing existing leaders with arrival dates for different scenarios like 1812 screws up those later arrival dates. I hope to resolve some issues to get the 1812 scenario to work, but no guarantees about overhauling the editor. Maybe some day.

DCWhitworth -> RE: Using the scenario editor (10/2/2017 7:49:14 AM)

My recollection (which may well be faulty) is that you cannot currently add extra leaders in the scenario editor, only amend existing ones.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02