Ignoring VF (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Numdydar -> Ignoring VF (7/12/2017 9:44:58 PM)

Has anyone done well as the Axis and completely conquered France?

I assume that would mean no invasion of Russia in '41 correct?

I would like some feedback on this to see if it is even a viable strategy or not in WiF. I've tried in in other games with mixed success but have no idea of how that would work in WiF.

paulderynck -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/12/2017 10:47:12 PM)

This strategy is often used. Depending how early France goes down a Barb 41 is still possible, but most often it is part of a "Close the Med" strategy combined with a Barb 42 or a Sitzkreig.

davidachamberlain -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/12/2017 11:59:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Has anyone done well as the Axis and completely conquered France?

I assume that would mean no invasion of Russia in '41 correct?

I would like some feedback on this to see if it is even a viable strategy or not in WiF. I've tried in in other games with mixed success but have no idea of how that would work in WiF.

As Paul mentioned, when you plan to close the Med (start by conquering Spain), there isn't much value to doing Vichy only to collapse it right away. You will end up with multiple US entry rolls that can be avoided by finishing the job. If Paris falls quickly, it does not take much.

That may not hurt scheduling for Barbarossa.

Dave

Numdydar -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/13/2017 3:39:39 PM)

Thanks for the responses. I keep starting the game over but do not get very far so I wanted to see if this could work or not.

brian brian -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/13/2017 7:01:29 PM)

are you playing solitaire?

you have to play the CW hmmm, strongly, I will say against this Axis line of play. sending Gort + 2 MOT to France and then evacuating them the impulse before Paris falls and switching to building all the carriers and battleships in the Construction Pool is not going to cut it. build out the CW MIL pool and deposit them in front of the Panzers, repeatedly. the WiF UK will never run out of recruits.

it's not a bad idea to use up a few CW Build Points on loans to France so they have something on the production spiral - post-Paris. the 1940 4-2 ART is a killer reinforcement to have in the Toulouse area. maybe those BPs just build a unit for Vichy - but maybe not.

moving a factory from Lille or Paris to Bordeaux, twice, is also a good idea the instant the Germans cross the border and costs the Allies almost nothing. once the Aussies arrive in Egypt, the Wavell HQ is a good choice to begin building an Allied line on the Garonde; while he works on that project 2 more units can join Gort in northern France.

Numdydar -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/14/2017 1:28:10 PM)

Thanks Brian. That is something I never would have thought to do as France seems like such a lost cause no matter what.

Centuur -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/14/2017 6:44:35 PM)

France is a lost cause. There's no doubt about that.

That being said, the objective for the CW and France should be to fight as long as possible, and force the Euroaxis into declaring Vichy. Having two French units in Toulouse the moment Paris gets taken almost makes sure that Germany will declare Vichy...

Joseignacio -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/17/2017 7:42:02 AM)

What about having those two units in Bordeaux?

I think someone mentioned this in another thread about this but... I have always declared Vichy, what are the pros and cons of incompletely surrendering France instead of set of Vichy Government and collapse?

Centuur -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/17/2017 1:34:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

What about having those two units in Bordeaux?

I think someone mentioned this in another thread about this but... I have always declared Vichy, what are the pros and cons of incompletely surrendering France instead of set of Vichy Government and collapse?

Bordeaux isn't a factory city...

Joseignacio -> RE: Ignoring VF (7/17/2017 2:12:07 PM)

True. I made there a last stand, and forced the GE player to come there with a task group, evacuating in the last minute only.

But then Vichy had been declared, and yes, I didn't have to care to hold a factory city.

I must say I have a couple of maps in my workplace computer that i downloaded from some AAR, to see these matters, but sometimes the hex is hidden like in this one, I couldn't see there was no factory... [8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.539063E-02