Fantasy General Free (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

hadberz -> Fantasy General Free (6/17/2017 2:08:31 PM)

It's an oldie that I enjoyed back in the day. If interested GoG has it for free right now. [:)]

LarryP -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/17/2017 2:13:50 PM)

I just got it. Thanks!

Kuokkanen -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/17/2017 5:56:51 PM)

Picked it up, but I'm not gonna install it yet. Is it just Panzer General with different skin, or is there something more to it?

Orm -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/17/2017 7:22:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hadberz

It's an oldie that I enjoyed back in the day. If interested GoG has it for free right now. [:)]

Thank you. [:)]

hadberz -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/18/2017 12:01:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Picked it up, but I'm not gonna install it yet. Is it just Panzer General with different skin, or is there something more to it?

There is a bit more it, magic, magic items, no supply rules, heroes, etc... I remember it being hard. [:)] The soundtrack is fantastic. [:)]

Greybriar -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/18/2017 2:59:32 PM)

Fantasy General was a great game in its day (1996), as it should have been since it was one of the games in the 5-Star General series. I purchased the retail boxed version of it when it was released over 20 years ago and the digital version from Good Old Games when it first became available. It is still a worthy game to play despite its age.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/18/2017 7:59:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

Fantasy General was a great game in its day (1996), as it should have been since it was one of the games in the 5-Star General series.

I recall reading some games in that series aren't that great. What are your opinions about Panzer General 3D and Star General?

demyansk -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/18/2017 8:08:36 PM)

I still have the pacific general cd, I am going to see if it will work in a old laptop

zakaho -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/19/2017 10:48:02 AM)

IT LOOKS GOOD

Greybriar -> RE: Fantasy General Free (6/20/2017 10:58:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

Fantasy General was a great game in its day (1996), as it should have been since it was one of the games in the 5-Star General series.

I recall reading some games in that series aren't that great. What are your opinions about Panzer General 3D and Star General?

I didn't much care for them. Mostly I played Panzer General, Panzer General II, and Fantasy General with a little Pacific General and Allied General thrown in. But other gamers I knew liked Panzer General 3D and Star General. It's the old story of different strokes for different folks and all a matter of personal perspective.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI