Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

DismalPseudoscience -> Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds (5/7/2017 1:57:47 AM)

Super excited for the new DLC (any word on the release date?), but I fear that the current incarnations of two shiny new weapons may be a little strange.

In the attached file, the Peter Velikiy has launched a barrage of 80 Zircon missiles at a Ticonderoga-class cruiser. The cruiser has its radar off, but is protected by an orbiting E-2D (the 2021 version). While the Hawkeye easily detects the missiles during their climb phase, it looses track of them as they pass ~100,000ft. Is this intentional?

The second possible issue is that the Airborne Laser aircraft protecting the cruiser fires really, really quickly. In the 35 seconds that the Hawkeye is tracking the Zircons, the AL-1A fires 23 COIL shots. I seem to recall it having a slower rate of fire in past incarnations. (E.G. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ndXmvPQnk showing 1 shot per 6 seconds). This current version seems pretty immensely powerful - is it intentional?

Thank you!

Dimitris -> RE: Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds (5/7/2017 8:52:39 AM)

Hi,

1) Yes, the max target altitude for the APY-9 is 100K feet. If you have a source for a different value please do let us know!

2) Which build is this in? IIRC there was an issue with "too fast reloads" when we introduced the 2x time-accel in B936, but I'm fairly certain it has been fixed in the current RC.

Thanks.

DismalPseudoscience -> RE: Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds (5/7/2017 10:02:30 PM)

Thank you for your response:

1) Ok, makes sense. Just thought it was strange to see in-atmosphere targets dropping off radar from height - I think that's a first. Haven't seen any sources giving a max height for the APY-9 one way or the other, but I just found it intuitively odd that it couldn't track Zircon or Kitchen D.

2) RC Build 936.5 - I guess that's the issue?

Thank you!

Dimitris -> RE: Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds (5/8/2017 6:52:07 AM)

2) Yes, probably. Give B936.9 a try and let us know!

Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02