OT: New submersible Russian spy ship (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Chickenboy -> OT: New submersible Russian spy ship (4/27/2017 1:42:10 PM)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-spy-ship-naval-reconnaissance-vessel-collision-black-sea/

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: OT: New submersible Russian spy ship (4/27/2017 3:20:56 PM)

All 78 crew aboard the Liman were safely evacuated [:)][:)][:)]

Apparently it was a frequent visitor of Tartus port in Syria. Built in 1970, it was probably close to decommission

Lovejoy -> RE: OT: New submersible Russian spy ship (4/27/2017 5:44:36 PM)

That will teach 'em not to go around snooping on other people![:-]
Glad the crew made it off without harm or loss of life

Zorch -> RE: OT: New submersible Russian spy ship (4/27/2017 8:02:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

Apparently it was a frequent visitor of Tartus port in Syria. Built in 1970, it was probably close to decommission

Sounds like insurance fraud to me. [:D]

Imagine Putin on the phone with Moscow Property & Casualty Insurance...

Chickenboy -> RE: OT: New submersible Russian spy ship (4/27/2017 8:12:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

Sounds like insurance fraud to me. [:D]

Imagine Putin on the phone with Moscow Property & Casualty Insurance...

To paraphrase "Uncle Joe": It takes a brave man to attempt insurance fraud in the Russian navy. [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: OT: New submersible Russian spy ship (4/29/2017 1:56:58 AM)

It looks like a "Mo-ma class" AGI. I flew on quite a few of them during "the day". [:)]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: OT: New submersible Russian spy ship (4/29/2017 4:17:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

It looks like a "Mo-ma class" AGI. I flew on quite a few of them during "the day". [:)]

When we were out of Kings Bay there was one that alternated between watching Mayport and KB. It was part of the pre-patrol briefing. The CG kept an eye on it, probably P-3s too. We never knew the current intel source, just where it was.

It hung out near the 3-mile limit, with a little slop. I smile at the news hysteria recently about one being what? seventeen miles out? "Ours" was a nasty looking vessel, rusty, oily. Not a proud example of the Red Fleet to say the least. It would always get in the way and force us to maneuver, I'm sure with narrow-band tape decks frantically recording our screw signature. There was a really fat, hideous-looking woman on one who was often on deck during our encounters, sometimes dumping a pail of galley slops over the side. Maybe a Soviet up-yours to the imperialist running dogs.

We were already at a Full bell, so we'd kick it to Flank and walk away from the thing. A game. Not a game. The general public blissfully unaware.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI