Using the Excel-based editor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

jmolyson -> Using the Excel-based editor (3/2/2017 9:25:50 PM)

I understand there is an excel-based WitP-AE editor.

Can anyone tell me what thread to look in to:

1. Download the worksheets?

2. Download the instructions?

Thanks,

Joe Molyson (AYAAD)

drw61 -> RE: Using the Excel-based editor (3/3/2017 1:58:20 AM)

Here is a copy of how to use witploadAE, sorry I don't remember who originally wrote it.
Hope this helps, Daryl

To Use witploadAE

Open a DOS prompt by: clicking 'start', then run. On the 'run' prompt, I type cmd then click ok.

At the dos prompt, I type: CD C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\SCEN (that's where I have it saved on my computer.)

Now, I type: WITPLOADAE.exe /e /s198 (Long ago, I opened Scenario 1 in the editor and saved it as scenario 198.)

That gives me CSV files that I can open in Excel and modify to my hearts extent.

To import, I go back to the DOS prompt and type: WITPLOADAE.exe /i /s198

this produces files that are saved in a different location and need to be copied back to the SCEN folder.
My location is C:\Matrix Games\War in the pacific admiral's edition\scen
I go there, highlight all the files, right click and choose copy, then go to my SCEN folder above and paste.

That's about all the help I can give. the spaces above are important, and it's case sensitive

BillBrown -> RE: Using the Excel-based editor (3/3/2017 3:59:22 AM)

I don't think you use the /i switch to import, import will happen if you do not use the /e switch.
the /i switch will use the default directory c:/matrix games/war it the pacific admiral edition/scen

If you run witploadae.exe /h you will see the usage and switches.

jmolyson -> RE: Using the Excel-based editor (3/4/2017 2:38:01 PM)

Thank you, I'll try this.

Joe

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI