Looking for German opponent GC (found) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted

IronWarrior -> Looking for German opponent GC (found) (2/16/2017 6:38:29 AM)

My first try as Soviets. Sudden Death scenario would be good, but am open to suggestions.

IronWarrior -> RE: Looking for German opponent GC (2/19/2017 3:59:52 AM)

I should note that I am a fairly inexperienced player. I had read that the best way to learn the game is just playing pbem. Should I just play the AI instead?

Stelteck -> RE: Looking for German opponent GC (2/19/2017 7:31:17 AM)

It is a good idea to jump into multi. You are right.

Nix77 -> RE: Looking for German opponent GC (3/5/2017 12:45:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

I should note that I am a fairly inexperienced player. I had read that the best way to learn the game is just playing pbem. Should I just play the AI instead?

Playing against the AI is good for practicing the game mechanics, timing the attack/defense according to weather & available forces, finding the natural defense lines and routes of advance, getting used to changes in ToE & production and other stuff like that.

Playing against a human opponent is the real deal, AI is just practice :)

PS. You learn all of the above better when playing against a real opponent, so jumping into PBEM is recommended imo, after you've learned the basics of the game with the AI. Just be prepared to fail horribly every now and then, in a project that could take months to finish! Sounds scary but it's fun :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI