HQ Reorg Phase Freeze - 2.3.4.0 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support

davidachamberlain -> HQ Reorg Phase Freeze - 2.3.4.0 (2/12/2017 9:41:51 PM)

This attached game has a free near end of the impulse in the HQ Reorg phase. Ger and Jap did their reorgs, but regardless of any other actions, the phase end option is not enabled, preventing continuing to end of phase.

paulderynck -> RE: HQ Reorg Phase Freeze - 2.3.4.0 (2/12/2017 9:54:38 PM)

To find bugs for NetPlay, Steve needs a save from each player and the sequence number in each must be the same.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: HQ Reorg Phase Freeze - 2.3.4.0 (2/12/2017 10:12:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

To find bugs for NetPlay, Steve needs a save from each player and the sequence number in each must be the same.

This problem was caused by moving a unit OOS, undoing the move, and then moving it again. On the non-phasing side's computer (only), the unit became disorganized. When the HQ Reorganization phase was reached, only one computer believed there were units to be reorganized.

The latest Hot Patch (version 02.03.05.00) fixes the root cause of this problem. You can patch an existing game by making sure the disorganized units on the both sides' computers match - before going into the HQ Reorganization phase.

davidachamberlain -> RE: HQ Reorg Phase Freeze - 2.3.4.0 (2/13/2017 1:42:48 AM)

Thanks, Steve.

We worked around it. We did a restore of the autosave from the previous phase (Air Rebases), so were able to complete the action stage.

Since we have encountered a few of these glitches, we save the game a bit more often and will try to save and restore at the current point before going to earlier backups.

I just wanted you to be aware of this and it is good to know that it should be resolved with the new version. We will continue with that version.

Dave

davidachamberlain -> RE: HQ Reorg Phase Freeze - 2.3.4.0 (2/13/2017 1:44:16 AM)

quote:

I will keep that in mind.

FYI, when we save and restore the game, we take just the one save and use the same file for both sides. My understanding is that each save (by either player) results in a different sequence number.

Dave

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: HQ Reorg Phase Freeze - 2.3.4.0 (2/13/2017 4:23:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidachamberlain

quote:

I will keep that in mind.

FYI, when we save and restore the game, we take just the one save and use the same file for both sides. My understanding is that each save (by either player) results in a different sequence number.

Dave

Paul means the Next Entry #, which can be found in the large Red Panel on the right side of the screen when you are deciding which game to restore. The file names don't have to match.

paulderynck -> RE: HQ Reorg Phase Freeze - 2.3.4.0 (2/13/2017 6:39:46 AM)

And just for normal NetPlay, when restoring saved games at the start of a new NetPlay session, the Next Entry numbers must match.

It may appear there is one save since a save on one will initiate a save on the other (as will the auto-saves) but they are different files and Steve uses two computers when trouble-shooting NetPlay bugs, one for each of the players.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI