crispy131313 -> RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0 (8/9/2019 2:09:26 PM)
So I have made some major changes for the next version. I have removed the level III Infantry Weapons category for the USSR, and now all units in the game have the same base combat stats. Early national morale events for the USSR and Italy will be the new reliance on simulating their forces poor effectiveness in the early going.
As well, I have overhauled the "Warfare" research categories (except Amphibious Warfare) to remove the double strike/intercept upgrade, and now these warfare categories will only provide a morale bonus to units of 5% per level. The maximum achievable bonus will be 15%, as each of the following categories can be achieved at Level III; Infantry Warfare, Armoured Warfare, Aerial Warfare, Naval Warfare & Ballistic Warfare (new). I have also added 2 new research categories; Tank Production and Aircraft Production, which if researched will increase the build limits of Tank Divisions, Tank Corps, Fighters and Medium Bombers by 1 per level.
All of the below changes (and from recent versions) are made with the following in mind;
- Reduce the Axis steamroll effect; the Axis receive a lot of help early on in the game and should they do much better then historically, there are some ancillary units available (from across the globe) to assist in fighting back against the Axis encourage game longevity/enjoyment.
- Reduce the time required for the USSR to begin to counter-attack effectively
- Put more strain on the Axis manpower to cover all territory effectively
- Add a new layer of strategy by allowing players to mold each nation's strength with the changes to "Warfare" research categories and to invest in Aircraft/Tank Production.
I will need to test a bit in the game to make sure everything is working well prior to release. There are some big changes here, any thoughts? I've appreciated the feedback I have received lately, I do put consideration into all and have received some very good ideas and you will see that in some of these changes.
- USSR begins with Anti-Tank I
- Removed USSR Anti-Tank Chit
- Tank Divisions will have 10% Demoralization attack value (increased from 0%)
- Fixed German and Soviet NM bonus/penalty upon beginning of Barbarossa
- Amended Anti-Tank base soft/hard attack value to 1.5 (from 1)
- Amended Anti-Tank soft/hard attack value increments from Anti-Tank Research from 1 per level to 0.5 per level
- Increased USA mobilization from Pearl Harbor from 15-20% to 25%-30%
- Added British Empire Reinforcements in Canada upon successful Sealion (Axis control Southern Britain)
- Added scripts for the British Empire Reinforcements to support US attempt to liberate UK
- New UK Decision Event for Operation Sledgehammer or Operation Overlord (will only fire if conditions are met early 43')
- Some amendments to NM events on the Eastern Front around the end of 41'
- Added popup for Sweden (leans to Axis) after receiving military aircraft from Italy
- Fixed Vichy France Joins Axis text
- Variable Decision Event for Vichy France to join the Axis will only occur if UK does not recognize Vichy France
- Removed German chit in Advanced Tanks
- Reduced German Garrisons build limits by 2
- Reduced German Infantry Corps build limits by 1
- Reduced German Infantry Division build limits by 4
- Increased German Infantry Army build limits by 1
- UK will no longer have the opportunity to send Lease Lease to UK if the Turkish Straits were occupied by USSR
- New German Morale penalty to occur once the Allies have established themselves in France, prior to taking Paris
- New German Decision Event to prepare for Soviet winter 42'
- If Moscow is occupied the USSR will transfer additional forces from Siberia
- If Turkey joins the Axis via Turkish Strait Crisis, the USSR will deploy 2 Infantry Corps and 1 Mountain Division near the Turkish border in the Caucasus
- The Maikop Oilfield will be permanently destroyed upon Axis capture
- Italian NM will be penalized by about 15% of starting value upon war entry, to slowly recover over the next 10 turns
- Soviet NM will be penalized by about 20% of starting value upon war entry, to slowly recover over the first 10 turns of 1942
- Increased Axis oil shortages supply events maximum variable by 1 for effected resources
- Shock Armies have De-entrenchment value of 2
- Soviet Infantry Divisions, Mechanized Divisions, Infantry Corps and Infantry Armies now have the same base stats and upgrades as all other Majors
- Italian Infantry Armies now have the same base stats and upgrades as all other Majors
- USSR Infantry Weapons now max level II
- USSR Infantry Weapons starting value reverted to Level 0
- Mechanized Corps, Tank Corps, Tank Armies, Fighters, Maritime Bombers and Strategic Bombers now have 2 strikes/intercept as base stat
- Overhauled the "Warfare" research categories to remove double strike/intercept automatic upgrade, and included new category Ballistic Warfare.
- Infantry Warfare, Armoured Warfare, Aerial Warfare, Naval Warfare, Ballistic Warfare now increases only the morale bonus of the applicable units by 5% per level. Each category can reach maximum level III.
- Amended the majors warfare categories upon game start to represent each majors strength (i.e. Germany has Armoured Warfare II, Naval Warfare 0, UK has Armoured Warfare 0, Naval Warfare II)
- Added a half strength French Heavy Artillery unit behind the Maginot Line
- New Research category - Tank Production; which increases the build limit of Tank Divisions and Tank Corps by 1 per level
- New Research category - Aircraft Production; which increases the build limit of Fighters and Medium Bombers by 1 per level
- Amended/updated the research category description text in game
- Amended AI research scripts
- Yugoslavia will only have a 50% chance of joining the Axis if surrounded by Axis countries (which is a result of Greece joining the Axis)