Daniele -> Version 1.01.37 Patchnotes (10/12/2016 3:49:11 PM)
Gary Grigsby's War in the West has been updated to version 1.01.37!
You can download the update following this link or here
Check the Chagelog below!
New Features and Rule Changes
1. Added a new Living Manual that contains New Features and Rule Changes since the initial release of the game.
2. Added Optional City VP item to the Options screen. This impacts campaign games if toggled on. When on, the victory screen lists that the Allies start with -1200 city victory points due to this option. However, they can earn up to 1600 city victory points in total if they occupy the cities listed in the victory screen. When the cities are captured by the Allies, the points for the city are added to the total Optional City VP total, and this amount is also reflected in the Campaign column of the City Points. For example, at the start of the 1945 campaign, Paris (worth 400 points) and Antwerp (worth 200 points) are occupied by the Allies. Thus, the Optional City Points is equal to -600 (-1200+400+200), and this amount is reflected in the City Points Campaign score. The intention of this rule is to provide additional rewards for the Axis player to accept casualties and advance into Germany. While we recommend this game option for all games, we strongly suggest that this game option be turned on when not playing with the East Front Option. This prevents the Allies from accepting a Soviet takeover of Germany, while striving to maximize bombing points and minimize casualties. This was not politically acceptable to the Allies.
3. Display Change - Adjusted unit names on counters. Removed suffixes - st,nd,rd.
4. Display Change - Unit name is shown on counter of enemy units with detection 5 or greater.
5. Display Change – Added new elements to the battle report to provide more information regarding fort destruction a. Added combat intensity (CI) value (when relevant) to the battle report (small infantry symbol with number). If CI is over 15 and engineer value is >0 or if over 30, then it is relevant (per clarified fort level reduction rules below). b. Added artillery fort reduction value to the battle report (small artillery symbol with number). This indicates the number of fort points reduced due to artillery fire (each point is 2% of a fort level). c. Engineer value in battle report is the number of fort points destroyed by engineers (combined pre and post-odds destruction per clarified rules).
6. Improved map current hex cursor (should be better aligned with hex).
7. Formula Adjustment - Slightly reduced night air combat intensity.
8. East Front Option - We are now dealing with German air groups when using the East Front option the same way we deal with ground units. Added code to remove the duplicate air groups at game start when the EF option is selected, and disabled withdrawals (leaving withdrawal choices to the players as it is for ground units). This should remove some duplicate German air units in games using the EF option.
9. East Front Option - Made tweaks to East Front combat, offsetting the impact of other changes, to improve East Front balance.
10. Restricted OB upgrade if it is pointing to an invalid slot (ob type <1).
11. Editor - Added ability to mark/unmark units.
12. Manual correction/clarification (section 188.8.131.52) – Forts can be reduced during combat in these ways: a) From artillery fire during fire combat, with heavy artillery weapons causing the greatest reduction. These reductions are generally small fractional reductions. b) If the attack was not halted, the full engineer value is applied prior to the odds calculation and may reduce the fort levels. c) Once the final combat odds and intensity level of the combat is calculated (defined by the unit size of the attacking force where a division equals 9 points), forts may be destroyed if; i. Odds are >= 1.5 or combat intensity is > 30 - automatic 50 point fort reduction (one full fort level reduction) and possibility of additional fort reduction based on the engineer value similar to part b) above but with the AE value divided by 2. ii. Odds are >=1 and <1.5 or combat intensity is higher than 15 - 1/4 of engineer value attempts to reduce forts as in b) above. d) Minesweeper and MSW Tanks count as two engineer squads for purposes of determining the engineering value. e) This sentence in the original manual is void: In addition, if the attacking force is unable to force a retreat on the defender, but has a combat value ratio between 1:1 and 1:1.99, there is a chance that the defending fort level will be reduced up to one additional level, with fractional reductions once again possible.
1. Fixed a memory leak (that could eventually cause the game to crash).
2. Fixes for the game load/save routine.
3. Fixed late war (1944) night fighter detection issue in the late war.
4. Fixed some text in logistics report where values reported in tons were not being divided by 4 (internal values are in 1/4 tons, so they need to be divided by 4).
5. Fixed bug where Support units in rail HQs were not getting supplies.
6. Some units that should not have been buildable (very high build limit) were being built. Fixed.
7. Vehicles lost in the supply phase due to enemy air interdiction were sometimes getting listed as lost without the vehicles actually being removed from the depot or pool as they should have been. Fixed.
8. Fixed map flicker in WITW after unit movement.
9. Rail path cache is now reset whenever rail usage in the hex is going up to the next “cost” level. The impact of this is that when rail capacity usage has altered the cost of continued
use of a rail hex, the system will update and future rail paths will account for the added costs properly. This wasn’t always happening as often as it should have.
10. Fixed crash bug when browsing map near eastern border.
11. Fixed land combat bug that in theory might cause unintentional friendly fire (in practice we don’t think this bug impacted WitW).
12. Fixed possible CTD when swapping the planes during logistics.
13. Commanding HQ is not selected when very weak unit is taking part in the battle. Fixed.
14. Assault engineer value is not displayed in case of halted attack. Fixed.
15. Fixed issue when game options could be cleared by server game.
16. VP are not cleared when loading new scenario. Fixed.
17. Fixed option screen display in MP(Server) game.
18. Adjusted code to fix image scaling.
19. Fixed blinking text appearance (faster map draw).
20. Added fix for the potential player's access to enemy units.
Data and Scenario Changes
1. Updates to all scenario files. All files were scrubbed to fix issues with units that were incorrectly listed as temp motorized or motorized when they should have been non-motorized. The net is that in most scenarios the vehicle needs of units have dropped, but so have the number of vehicles in units.
2. Made corrections to the Build Limit of WitW artillery weapons that should be set to a build limit of 9999 (so they aren’t produced).
3. P-47D-5 and P47D-15 150 Drop Tank weapon set now available 2/1944.