schattensand2 -> How to kill 5000+ sow planes in turn 1 (8/5/2016 5:15:26 PM)
How to kill 5000+ sowjet planes in turn 1 Version 9.00 beta
Setting all normal
I played with 5 % aircraft required to fly and altered the airport bombing to 100/150
To answer simply - use your Ju87 tactical bombers to the limit.
You have to move the bases during turn 1 directly to the borders, from where you reach the possible most sov air bases within 11 hexes.
It needs a kind of choreography. Recon all enemy air bases. Never use any He 111 and Ju 88.
1) Bomb SW Bialystok 49/61 from LW16 42/60 with all Ju87b, fighters and Do17 availible
2) Bomb W Pruzhany 55/66 from LW10 48/72 with Ju87b and fighters
both till empty. One or two attacks will do to emty enemy bases.
Now fight two places directly at the borders free 51/80 in the south and 51/54 in the north
Both are packed with 3 friendly units but you will need that space for your tactical bombers -
so do some ground fighting there now.
3) Move Me110 11LW from 47/72 and Ju 87b from 48/72 to 51/80. From there
4) Bomb the 4 bases Lutsk 57/78, Tarnopol and two E and W Lwow 48/84 and 52/84
all one time and then again till emty or almost empt only with Ju87b and all fighters possible. I could empty all 4 bases without even a single plane leftover.
5) Move Ju 87 16LW from 42/60 to the north 51/54
move 7LW 42/61, 12LW 38/60 and 14LW 39/55 close to or on 51/54
move 13LW from 45/52 and 15LW from 46/53 to 49/50.
6) Bomb Kaunas, Vilnius, E Lida 61/56 from 51/54 and
7) Bomb Siauliai from 49/50
again with all but He111 and Ju88 lev bombers again one time every place and only after that initial first bombing mopping the rest up. Not a single airplane should survive.
You may remove the LWs to their HQ. Even if no more bombing is possible you can still move the bases a second time. Moving in Tac bombers, who do some damage even after turn1, and retreat is a option ingame again.
8) Bomb from pos 62/104 12Rom 3Army light bombers IAR39 the base 54/91 SE Stanislav 3 times. Then switch to Kishinev as target, where the light bombers from 4th Rom army will join the bombing, till no more bombing is possible. Those Rom Tac Bombers do a considerable damage.
9) Mop up the two places with Rom Cmbt Air Cmd and bomb the two places near Odessa.
So congrats - you have eliminated each and every sov aircraft within 11 hexes of german-sov border and most sov aircraft close to Romanias borders without even using a single He111 or Ju88.
10) Move 19LW from 64/104 to 63/99 and bomb from there E Proskurov 66/88 and Uman 79/92 to have any use from that fighters. This time you need assistance from your He111 btw.
Bomb preferably bomber bases with single airgroups, be it Kiew or Sewastopol or whatever and watch carefully the Hex range, if you use more than one bomb group for a joint venture. Bomb till all movement is finished.
Check before if not a closer bomber squat from an other area could do the job.
Better bomb more places harder one time than one place several times. Again watch Hex ranges.
Never click on target and bomb with whatever is offered. Always work the other way.
First click your base then the possible victim.
That way you will kill up to 4800 planes at all and 3000 of that kills will be done by Tac bombers alone. One squat may reach over 500 kills. One pilot crew had almost 200 kills by consisting of just 6 planes.
To reach 5000+ you have to do ground combat up to the point where you nearly over run a base and bomb it only just prior. It will need a lot of awareness always switching between ground and air fight. It will give your fighters some kills, training, experience and moral.
It is better to do deliberate attacks to get air force envolved.
I had 5035 kill after my turn 1 and 5200 kills at begin of turn 2. Moral and Xp for all fighting planes were great or even elite.
By all the crazy possibilities the Russian have to produce troups to add to the hundreds they already get you will hardly win a war against Russian players. If they litter the map with 6,5 Mio men end 1941 there is nowin possible. Anyway this is my coin to at least to have a nice and surprising opening.
If I oversaw something please comment.